Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Swap taking ages

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I upgraded on Monday and changed my number the ame time.  The number change happened almost instantly, but my SIM swap (from normal SIM to the Nano SIM required in my new device), is taking ages. It's been 2 days now and no sign of my new SIM activating. My old phone with the old SIM is still working.  I was told by O2 that this change would take no more than 24 hours.

How long can I expect to wait for this to happen?  At the moment I'm having to carry 2 phones around with me, and have had a new phone for 2 days that I cannot use. Very frustrating.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks

Steve
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've waited over 24 hours and my new phone gets calls and text but my contacts are still a no show my old phone still has everything contacts and old texts and so on but I can't make calls as no network
Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

Your contacts and messages are on the phone, not sim and they don't copy across with a sim swap anyway.
You'll have to manually migrate your contacts to the new phone.

Apps are available to move messages too but we'd need to know which phones you have?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12