Did you mean: 

SIM Swap Question

m0nsterm4sh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have a new phone coming soon that uses a smaller SIM than my current one.  I have a Simplicity tarrif.

Can I order a free PAYG SIM and use it with the simswap website or do I need a Simplicity SIM?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @m0nsterm4sh You can order online https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/

but far quicker to pop instore and they will give you a new sim and hopefully do the sim swap as well....as they did for me...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @m0nsterm4sh You can order online https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/

but far quicker to pop instore and they will give you a new sim and hopefully do the sim swap as well....as they did for me...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Your new phone will come with a new sim.
Just do a sim swap when you receive it.
http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 20

m0nsterm4sh
  • 22 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replies.

I'm buying a new Oneplus 3 which comes SIM free so there won't be a SIM with it but I've ordered one from O2.  It'll arrive before the phone in about 5 days time I hope.

Message 4 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah, I thought you meant you'd ordered it from O2.
You can still use the sim swap form though when your phone arrives wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@m0nsterm4sh Why do you want a Pay & Go sim if you're already on a Simplicity tariff? All you need to do is do the online sim swap and your Simplicity tariff will just carry on with your new phone. If you get a Pay & Go sim your Simplicity tariff won't work with it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 20

m0nsterm4sh
  • 22 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino My new phone isn't from o2 and will come SIM free.  I've ordered a PAYG SIM to use in the new phone (different size) in the hope I can SIM swap and it'll work on Simplicity.  Some say it will and some say it won't.

@MI5, do you know for certain if what I'm trying to do will work?

Message 7 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Easiest would be to call CS and just ask them to send you a blank pay monthly sim card.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 20

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@m0nsterm4sh Your new phone is sim free and will take any sim card, but if you use a Pay & Go sim you will need a Pay & Go tariff, as the setup on contract and P&G sims is different. As @MI5 has said, all you need is a blank monthly sim and do the online swap. Your Simplicity tariff details will go onto the new monthly sim. Or do as @Cleoriff suggests and go in store if you have one nearby. The process is usually very quick to get you up and running.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 20

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It will work, but some of the settings saved on the sim will be wrong so you'll have to change them manually every time you reboot the phone = PITA!
Just get the correct type, which for you is a pay monthly sim.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 20