hdegan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi

is there anyway to swap my sim without contacting customer service

the online sim swap is down

i got a new phone yesterday and sim card to swap, i sent the text from my old sim and they swapped it to the new one

now i cant receive texts but cant send, I cant make calls, everything is invalid number but i can receive them

I cant receive the text to swap the sim back to the old one and i cant get anyone in customer services

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Everything is taking longer due to the lockdown. Call centres and social distancing means limited staff to handle all the queries. Patience needed I'm afraid.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Other numbers to try
0800 977 7337
0800 587 4005
0800 0901808

Message 2 of 5

hdegan
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks for your reply there

I get that, i really do.

I work from home at the minute so simply dont have an hour or two trying on the phones.

I was asking is there any way i can sim swap without having to contact them though.

I can get a new sim from somewhere but cant see how I can swap it using the text service if i cant receive texts to the faulty one

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you turned your phone off and on several times?
Done a manual network selection?
Tried your sim in another phone and/or another sim in your phone?
If you have started the sim swap process then you might just need to wait for it to complete...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5