Did you mean: 

SIM Query

debbieH
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

i have just upgraded my contract to a new phone and accidentally requested a new SIM card. When it went through to the end stage I noticed that a new number came up for me, but being a real technophobe I wasn't sure what it meant.

Would this new number be the number for the new SIM, and if so can I just continue to use my old sim in the new phone and therefore keep my original number?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you 

Debbie H

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@debbieH 

You can use your old SIM if you upgraded but check your MyO2 to make sure you only have one contract http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

debbieH
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for answering me.

I did an upgrade to O2 refresh, went through the whole process and it did say at the top that I was upgrading my current number. But I press need new SIM, and when it was reviewing my information it gave a different contact number which I stupidly thought was a number I needed to contact O2 on. But when the order went through I realised that it had given me a wrong number. So I am now worried that I will have to use the new sim and they will cancel the old one! Eeeek!!

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@debbieH 

Don't panic.

If you do have a new number you can always get your old one back.. 

Just wait 24 hours for your MyO2 to update and see what it says then.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

debbieH
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you. I will have a look to tomorrow evening. I knew I should have got my daughter to help me 😂
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

You're welcome @debbieH 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7