Did you mean: 

SIM Card Not Provisioned - Out of the Blue

Shuntfield
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello Everybody

Went to use my phone this morning (Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10) and it says "SIM 1 not provisioned" so, swapped SIM into another phone an old Nokia E72"SIM Card not registered" put another network SIM in my phone and its fine. Tried SIM slot 2 "SIM 2 not provisioned".

Chatted online and told my SIM was faulty, though when I call the number, BT digital dorothy tells me that the "Number you called has not been recognised", so assuming that something is wrong at network level otherwise wouldn't it just divert to the VM?

So trot off to the O2 shop who promptly lock out my account for two hours having given all the details that they wanted (which happened to work correctly two hours later).

Swapped to a new sim --> "SIM 1 not provisioned" 😡😡😡😡

Phone customer services to be told I have to wait 24 hours. That is pathetic, I have had mobile phones for 24 years, and not once has it taken more than 90 minutes for it to swap over. When it takes longer than that, it normally needs manual intervention, by now I am 💢😡

So any tips what to do in the mean time? Its been about 4 hours now.

The only thing I recall doing was last night I checked to see if WiFi & 4G calling were on and they weren't so I enabled it through my O2, other than that why would it stop my service? They used to be enabled, but I recently (about 3 months ago) swapped tariff. 

Thanks

Shunts...

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Shuntfield, any progress with your SIM since last night? If not, I will send you a Private Message to get a few more details so we can get someone to look into what's going on for you slight_smile

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention, and @MI5 as well for the advice!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Shuntfield 

You seem to have done everything possible so can only advise you to keep rebooting your phone. If that doesn't work I will ask one of our community managers @EmilieT  to help tomorrow.

Best of luck and pop back to the thread tomorrow. @EmilieT  is normally online from 8.30am

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

Shuntfield
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi @Cleoriff 

Thanks for your reply, I think there is a similar thread that I found that mentions a network SOG error. Which is what I think I have, except now that I have swapped the SIM the O2 droids are hung up on the SIM swap, and waiting the 24 hours, in reality if its not done in a few hours it wont be, but I am forced to wait by the seems of it.

I'll keep an eye on the thread,

Cheers!

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
This will likely be O2 taking your account down to provision WiFi calling.
It should only take minutes but for some reason yours has got stuck.
Get back onto customer service if nothing has happened by the morning.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Shuntfield
Level 3: Thinker
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Thanks MI5 I can't get past the"New SIM Card 24 hour" blockage at the moment everytime I speak to O2 I get the same thing!

It's still not working now coming up to 8 hours if it's not working in this time I'm pretty sure it won't be, I'm not green to this kind of stuff, I've worked with these kinds of systems in the past but out of the loop now! 😁

Thanks for your reply.
Message 5 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @Shuntfield, any progress with your SIM since last night? If not, I will send you a Private Message to get a few more details so we can get someone to look into what's going on for you slight_smile

Thanks @Cleoriff for the mention, and @MI5 as well for the advice!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 8

Shuntfield
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hi @EmilieT nope sorry my phone is still not working, it still says the same message, like our friends @MI5  and @Cleoriff have said it sounds like the WiFi Calling has been trashed in some way and this is the root of the problem.

I had another chat session last night and it didnt do much.

Your help is appreciated!

Message 7 of 8

Shuntfield
  • 41 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

All back working.

Seems the O2Gurus needed to get involved as there was a WiFi Provisioning problem.

All good thanks @EmilieT 

Message 8 of 8