cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIGNAL BOOSTER APPS

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys1!Does any one now any app for  boosting signal like finding the masts close and connect to one of them.I see that in my area is 2 masts but the phone only connects automaticly to one-GPRS.The other one is EDGE and it does not connect to it.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
On your phone, as standard, is the ability to scan the frequencies supported and connect to the strongest one.
Your phone will do this once every 5 minutes or when the signal is lost.
These apps change the timing of the mast frequency search to once every 10 seconds or so.
They WILL connect you to the strongest signal nearly all the time, but so will your phone eventually.
And they will also make sure your battery life is terrible as the phone will never enter sleep or deep sleep modes.
In my opinion, they are not worth the space they take up.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous and Welcome to the Forum.

In my experience such apps are at best limited and at worst useless !

The reviews on them speak for themselves.

If your having signal issues then keep checking your service status here http://status.o2.co.uk

And try these generic solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-everyone/m-p/593752#M59833

Clean and or swap out your SIM card at an O2 store.

Reminds me of the battery boosting apps that again don't work. wink
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to add if your on pay monthly then their is Tugo which works off home broadband Wifi.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info mate but I just want to connect to a mast wich gives better signal and phone does not want to as I can see the tipe of signal and wich mast comes from.

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried switching to 2G in your phones settings if it allows it.

Ie turn off 3G
Message 5 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Apps like that are useful as say a Anti-cracking screen App, Bluetooth FridgeMagnet or 4-fingered fish. Bouncy

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your phone is designed to switch from one mast to another and not assigned to one.

I've not come across a setting or app that allows you to do this.
Message 7 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144330 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The phone will connect to the mast with the strongest signal.
Unless you are roaming (where manual selection of network is possible) there is nothing you can do to pick between 2 masts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
On your phone, as standard, is the ability to scan the frequencies supported and connect to the strongest one.
Your phone will do this once every 5 minutes or when the signal is lost.
These apps change the timing of the mast frequency search to once every 10 seconds or so.
They WILL connect you to the strongest signal nearly all the time, but so will your phone eventually.
And they will also make sure your battery life is terrible as the phone will never enter sleep or deep sleep modes.
In my opinion, they are not worth the space they take up.
Message 9 of 9