Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

SE Xperia Arc Or Iphone 4

Hello,
I have been waiting for the Arc for ages now, and starting to question whether i will be making the right decision? Which phone would you recommend?
I was reading up that the iphone 4 uses alot of data is that true?
I have always had SE phones, though maybe nice to change ??

Thanks
Sarah
Anonymous

Re: SE Xperia Arc Or Iphone 4

I was a Sony Ericsson fan until the build quality took a nosedive with the launch of the W910i and K850i side by side a few years ago, the C902 was totally disastrous (I worked for a mobile network at the time and saw tne cruddiness first hand) and I decided then to never ever get another SE handset. After a few reasonable phones since then I now have an iPhone 4 and it is the best made, mos reliable phone I have ever owned. I have no problems at all with data usage but I do know others have reported them. It could be due to usage or faulty apps but all I know is that it hasn't happened to me.
Topics: 296
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

I have an iphone 4 and have not personally seen this high data usage issue (but have seen threads about it and linked to one in my usefull links). since I last reset the stats 10/03/2011 sent 60.3mb received 117mb (but still on an unlimited business tariff)
Before we had the Iphone 3 we were dedicated se users last were p990i and have not regretted the switch.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Anonymous

I'd go for the Arc, but just cos I prefer Android over iOS. More customising options, widgets, etc. Apps quality and cross-platform availability are evening up nowadays, though iPhone has a big headstart qty wise. Nothing against iOS, just prefer Android. Mind you, an iPhone 4 with Android running in it would be sweet as I love the IP4 feel and build quality.
Both could use lots of data, really depends how you use them. Most horror stories I hear ref iPhone data is people not switching it off abroad etc. Android is really easy to turn off what you want data-wise, auto-sync times etc. Not so sure ref iPhone, last I checked (a while ago on a previous version mind) it was essentially data on or off.
Anonymous

I have an Arc and i think it's great. Whilst I think the iphone is an incredible piece of kit, I could not justify the price tag. The Arc uses Android 2.3 and is free on tariffs as low as £21.50/month.
Another deciding factor for me was the camera. I find myself using my mobile phone camera quite a lot these days to take quick snaps of my toddler, and I read that the Arc's camera is one of the best - and so far I am not disappointed.
Plus it's slim and light with an excellent screen and very responsive.
Anonymous

i have an arc and it #### on the iphone in every possible way, especially the camera and its HD video recording, absolutely awesome.
Anonymous

Thanks the comments guys, I am so peed off Smiley Sad, i decided to go with Iphone 4, as from the comments about it, and queried about the data usage, i will be ok as i connect via my broadband at home (wi-fi), it is just when i am out and about which i don't use that much. Also i i don't think i could of waited any longer, think they both as good as each other, it arrives on Monday, but if i don't like it i have 14 days in which i could change to the arc?
Anonymous

Yeah you should be able to return it for something different
Anonymous

Yeah you should be able to return it for something different

cool, thanks