Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SB7 mobile charges

AB78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill has doubled in price due to random charges from SB7 Mobile, under reference health. Any ideas? No idea what these charges/scams are about.
TIA
Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

jonsie
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

SB7MobileScam
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You raised this query in February and I am being scammed in April, May and June. This is obviosuly a scam. I have tried to contact the company and have raised a subject access request - GDPR. They want me to send them more details. My passport details! O2 must help rectify this  

Message 52 of 73

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@SB7MobileScam wrote:

You raised this query in February and I am being scammed in April, May and June. This is obviosuly a scam. I have tried to contact the company and have raised a subject access request - GDPR. They want me to send them more details. My passport details! O2 must help rectify this  

In my view it would be most unwise to provide ny further personl details to a compny like this. There is no possible justification for them asking for passport details! I would raise this issue the the ICO.

As regards the charges, have you asked them to stop the charges. If not, do this first.

You will need a refund for the money they have already taken. When you talk to the company, (or email them), make it very clear that if they refuse to refund, in full, you will pursue the matter through the courts if necessary. SB7 have a history of refusing refunds, but have always paid out before being taken to court.

If you haven't already, leave a review of SB7 mobile on Trustpilot. Stick to the facts and be polite. They are trying to get a large number of negative reviews removed, so obviously this is hitting them where it hurts. You can offer to amend your review, when you receive your refund, to include the fact that a refund was eventually paid.

Don't forget to make a complaint to the Phone-paid Services Authority. It is a breach of their Code of Practice to sign up consumers without proper consent.

Let me know if can offer any further help or advice. These scams are a disgrace to the mobile communications industry.

Paul

payforitsucks.co.uk

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 53 of 73

LukaszW44
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello everybody 
I would like to report this as a fraud using this site https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-a-fraud-including-online-crime-questions is there anyone else who want's to join ? 

When I sign my contract with O2 nobody tell me that they can share my information with 3 party services. We need to stop this ! hy do you have to beg the third party company to give you back your own money, its your money and O2 give them access to your bank account and they stole your money, and now under GDPR regulation they cannot share your personal data with enyone. 

We can create list of victims and then send to police. What do you think about this ? 

Message 54 of 73

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

I doubt very much you will have any joy going this route. It's up to the phone regulatory body to stop this and for the networks to agree either the 2 step verification or pin number and to make it so that you have a premium bar as standard.

Message 55 of 73

LukaszW44
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Done
Now we gonna see what police will do with this caseScreen Shot 20**Personal info** at 23.34.54.png

Message 56 of 73

LukaszW44
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie No O2 should told you when you sign up your contract that they can share your date with third party services. I never click any link and i never send any sms message to SB7 so I have got no idea how they can take my money from my account, the answer is: this is a fraud. 

Message 57 of 73

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@LukaszW44 wrote:

Hello everybody 
I would like to report this as a fraud using this site https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-a-fraud-including-online-crime-questions is there anyone else who want's to join ? 

By all means report these frauds to Action Fraud. You will get a crime number, but not much else.

The organisation responsible for policing these services is th Phone-paid Services Authority. They are about as useful as a chocolate teapot, but sometimes investigate if they get enough complaints.

There are things you can do t help stop these scams:

1. Make certain that you obtain a full refund of any money they have taken from you. You can take them to the small claims court if necessary. Full details of how to do this are on the payforitsucks website. Insist that this refund is made back to your phone account as is required by the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

2. Hassle them on Facebook and/or Twitter. These companies don't like bad publicity.

3. Leave a review of the company on Trustpilot. O2 and the other networks claim that they only allow 'Trusted Partners' to access your account. The reviews on Trustpilot show this to be a lie.

4. Write to your MP and ask that he/she supports changes to the law to outlaw these practices.

5. Follow up your report to the Phone-paid Services Authority with a formal complaint if/when they fail to properly investigate it.

6. The Phone-paid Services Authority will be conducting a public consultation on these 'services' within the next few months. Respond to the consultation demanding that proper authorisation, similar to that now required by EE is mandatory for all networks and all services.

I hope you manage to resolve this issue. If I can offer further help or advice, please contact me.

Paul

payforitsucks.co.uk

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 59 of 73

LukaszW44
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Police should check how SB7 get my information and they should check sms history from my phone, its easy. If there are no sms from my phone to SB7 then this is a fraud. 

Message 60 of 73