Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SB7 mobile charges

AB78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill has doubled in price due to random charges from SB7 Mobile, under reference health. Any ideas? No idea what these charges/scams are about.
TIA
Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Many customers have been successful in getting refunds and calling them directly is the only way you can hope to get satisfaction. A calm approach and polite request is the initial way to go, screaming and shouting rarely gets you anywhere bearing in mind they will get refund requests all day long so are well versed in their response.

Message 11 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JustMe3  The contact details for SB7 are in this link http://www.sb7mobile.com/?/contact_us

Telephone 0330 134 0181 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 73

LaurenBMTech
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I too have been scammed by this Company, I am currectly trying to get a refund from them but they are not responding. They have cnfirmed I received a text explaining their terms, which I absolutely did not receive, I have all the 'payforit' charge texts but none with an explanation of what the charge relates to. I finally found out through o2. I won't give up though, fingers crossed I am successful! 

Message 13 of 73

Anna2018
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This appears to be a very common thing - i too have been unknowingly charged by two premium rate numbers.  

What are O2 doing to monitor this 'fraud'

Message 14 of 73

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The PSA regulates premium phone services not the networks.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anna2018wrote:

This appears to be a very common thing - i too have been unknowingly charged by two premium rate numbers.  

What are O2 doing to monitor this 'fraud'

Problem is @Anna2018 some people willingly sign up to these services. We have suggested on numerous occasions  that it should be a 2 step verification process before the client is accepted ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 73

Anna2018
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That may be the case however they still have some duty to their customers to prevent fraud - as banks do for example, after all this is fraud.

I think there is some responsibility for O2 to protect its customers!

Message 17 of 73

Ian-in-Norwich
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

These weekly £3 charges have mysteriously appeared on my son's mobile phone which we spotted after several weeks.There is no way that my son subscribed to this service which appears to be some kind of non existent lottery.  One look at the SB7 mobile website and you can see this is a scam organisation.  I have to say that the 02 helpdesk was not at all helpful!  Very disappointed. They insisted that I had entered into a contract and it was basically my responsibility to get ot of it.  Their advice was to text a 5 figure code which it turned out is the one my son uses to get free information about the next bus to arrive at the bus stop!  They also suggested calling the scam company.  I equated to this to asking a mugger nicely if you could have your wallet back!  Not all mobile phone companies behave in the same way.  I had a similar problem on an EE contract in the past.  They had a department who recovered the funds for me, no hassle. Think about this when your phone contract comes up for renewal.  I have four monthly contracts with O2 for family members and I will be thinking hard when these come up for renewal.

PS I think the correct number to send STOP to is 83463.  Let's see if the charges stop. Poor show O2!

Message 18 of 73

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Tells you something about the scale of the problem when they have an entire department dedicated to clearing up the mess!
The regulator needs to close these scammers down or enforce a two stage sign in verification routine for those who want it.
It's not difficult to do but is obviously not in someone's best interests to do it.
Someone, somewhere, is taking a back hander over these services!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 73

Ian-in-Norwich
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am not sure that I would risk giving this scam company my personal details (home address, email address etc) in the remote hope of getting my £20-30 back.

O2 should refund customers and refuse to deal with the company going forward.  I am sure that O2 get a fee for passing these charges on to customers.

Do O2 actually monitor this discussion forum??

Message 20 of 73