Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SB7 mobile charges

AB78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill has doubled in price due to random charges from SB7 Mobile, under reference health. Any ideas? No idea what these charges/scams are about.
TIA
Message 1 of 73
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @AB78 You may have subscribed to something inadvertently Have a look at this

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Edited to add It is a premium rate service http://www.sb7mobile.com/

It is shown on the first link I posted

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Cleoriff
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

Hi @AB78 You may have subscribed to something inadvertently Have a look at this

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

Edited to add It is a premium rate service http://www.sb7mobile.com/

It is shown on the first link I posted

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 73

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Call them and tell them you want to be removed from their database and that you didn't knowingly sign up.
Also ask for all charges to be refunded which you should get back as a post office cheque.
Customer services: customerservices@sb7mobile.com
Telephone 0330 134 0181
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 73

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @AB78, sorry to hear you've had unwanted charges on your bill. 😞 It would be great to hear how you're getting on with this and if the above replies from @Cleoriff and @MI5 were of help? Please do let us know.

Message 4 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Have people been successful in getting SB7 to stop taking money from their O2 phone account/getting a refund?  I've just noticed that they have been taking £3 per week and I've never heard of them/have no idea how this started.  Plus, are O2 doing anything about this as looking at the forum it seems to be affecting a lot of customers.  Should there be a security question from O2 asking for confirmation that they agree to this money being charged to their account before accepting?

Message 5 of 73

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Yes we’ve mentioned many times that some form of two step verification should be employed to prevent these accidental charges.
If you follow the advice given the company should refund you in the form of a post office cheque.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 73

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had a message from SB7 to say that the £3 per week they have been charging to my mobile account for a service I've never even heard of never mind used won't be refunded.  Pretty shocking that someone can so easily add charges to my mobile account without it seems any form of security check or verification.  Makes me very uncomfortable that I gave my bank account details to O2 to pay for my phone service but other companies I have no dealings with are then also give access to my bank account without my consent via my O2 billing.

Message 7 of 73

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
You'd need to follow up with a complaint to the psa http://psauthority.org.uk/for-consumers/unexpected-phone-charge

Currently using:
Message 8 of 73

JustMe3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, looks like have got involved in this too, noticed my high bills, check it, and found out I am charged for some SB7 Mobile. Called O2, all they gave was number to sent the STOP message and have added bar on my account. Also provided me with phone number to call directly to the company which is charging those £3 a week to discuss about refund. So did anyone of you actually got the refund back?

Message 9 of 73

MI5
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions
Yes, we've had people tell us that they have received a cheque that they can cash at a post office as refund but it appears to be limited to £30.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 73