Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SB7 mobile charges

AB78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill has doubled in price due to random charges from SB7 Mobile, under reference health. Any ideas? No idea what these charges/scams are about.
TIA
Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

Payforit_Sucks
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@LukaszW44 wrote:

Police should check how SB7 get my information and they should check sms history from my phone, its easy. If there are no sms from my phone to SB7 then this is a fraud. 

The problem is that these scam subscriptions can be started by clicking a link on a website, or by malware in an app on your phone. There is no need for an sms from your phone. This makes this type of fraud very hard to prove, as the company will probably have 'proof' that you subscribed.

You need to be aware that when you are browsing the web using a mobile data connection (as opposed to WiFi) O2 will pass your number to 'Trusted Third parties' for charging purposes. This will be how SB7 obtained your number.

It is fraud, but is actually going to be very difficult to prove. Hence my other suggestions for combatting these scams.

Paul

payforitsucks.co.uk

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 61 of 73

Justice81
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Random charges on account of SB7 are being entertained by o2 and put in the bills of the o2 customers. My bills in April, May and June are already inflated. Payment is collected by o2 for SB7 charges from unsuspecting customers. Without the connivance of network operators these sb7 operators cannot collect payment and will not offer random messages or game service. I hope o2 being a responsible network operator ensures its customers do not suffer.

Message 62 of 73

lisab
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Payforit_Sucks wrote:

@LukaszW44 wrote:

Police should check how SB7 get my information and they should check sms history from my phone, its easy. If there are no sms from my phone to SB7 then this is a fraud. 

The problem is that these scam subscriptions can be started by clicking a link on a website, or by malware in an app on your phone. There is no need for an sms from your phone. This makes this type of fraud very hard to prove, as the company will probably have 'proof' that you subscribed.

You need to be aware that when you are browsing the web using a mobile data connection (as opposed to WiFi) O2 will pass your number to 'Trusted Third parties' for charging purposes. This will be how SB7 obtained your number.

It is fraud, but is actually going to be very difficult to prove. Hence my other suggestions for combatting these scams.

Paul

payforitsucks.co.uk

hi - first time on these groups

I have been so upset to see two companies SB7 and my mobile company have been taking money on a weekly basis since 7/1/18 - it now amounts to over £200

I contacted O2 to put a block on my account at the start of august - to my horror yesterday I realised these weekly charges had continued

After 2 hours of phone calls yesterday (time I didnt have to spare!) the O2 customer service person told me to email the company all my bills and dispute the charges.I hardly slept last night worrying about this as I didnt want them to have my address, my mobile phone number and the numbers of everyone I call! Bad enough them having my email address.

My reall annoyance at this is that all charges have been taken from my mobile wifi hotspot account - not directly from a mobile device. This has meant that it was 100% impossible to receive a text to alert you to the fact that anything had been set up and 100% impossible to send a text from that number to stop the service.

The girl in their customer service wound me up even more saying they had 'evidence' to say I had clicked on an advert or banner to consent to this being set up! I was furious!! For me to buy something in a shop - I put in my pin, to set up an £18 a month contract with anything else you would have to explicitly give consent.

I am so furious with O2 as well - they are providing their customers with no protection over this in my oppinion.

Thank you for the good advice on this thread already. I will not be sending them any bills and I will definitely find out about the court thing as we do not have county courts in NI.

Hoping this stops and I can get my money back

Message 63 of 73

Payforit_Sucks
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 210 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@lisab

I'm sorry you've been scammed by SB7 Mobile. You're certainly not alone as very large numbers have reported unauthorised charges from this company.

Just to be clear, these 'services' are signed up to by clicking links on web pages, so mobile connected WiFi hot spots are vulnerable. The sign up could have been effected from any connected device browsing the web.

Any 'evidence' they might have can easily be disputed. There is ample evidence that these signups can be the result of malware on phones or malicious code in web pages.

NI does have a small claims court, and, as SB7 are based in the UK you are able to use it:

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/small-claims-process

Don't waste time arguing. If they refuse a refund, ask for that in writing. Then send a 'letter before action' giving them 3 weeks to refund, before starting action. So far, SB7 have settled within the three weeks, but you need to be prepared to pursue the matter to court if necessary.

Full information about these scams and how to deal with them are at https://payforitsucks.co.uk.

Let me know if I can offer any further help or advice.

These scams are a disgrace to the mobile communications industry and should be stopped!

Paul

Phone payment scam? Need independent advice? Payforit Faq for O2 Customers

Help put a stop to these scams. Join our Facebook Group
Message 64 of 73

TIGGY
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For anyone else dealing with the absolute nightmare of the company that is Loaded Mobi/Gaming or SB7 Mobile, here's how I got every single penny back, which they wrongly took from me, having said I 'signed up' to their service, which I did not. 

Firstly, note that the most o2 will do is put a future ban on your mobile phone - this is not very helpful when money has been stolen from you already. You must go directly to SB7 Mobile using the email address: help@loadedgaming.co.uk

- Explain that you did not sign up to their service, that you expect a full refund of how ever much they added to your bill and attach proof in the form of phone bills, which show the extra costs. It is likely that the company will tell you that they have proof you signed up to their service and they will try and lay out what happened. DO NOT accept this. It is likely that they will send you screen shots of generic proof, showing you the steps you would have taken to 'sign up'. This is NOT proof that you yourself signed up. Ask for proof that is specific to you - proof that shows that you, as an individual, 'signed up' to the service. It is unlikely they can provide this. Reiterate that you expect a full refund ASAP.

- At this point, they may offer you a goodwill gesture of half of your money back. DO NOT accept this. Threaten them with press action. A handful of publications have covered this story before, but I'm sure they would like to know about how a scam company is swindling phone users out of hundreds, if not thousands of money each year. 

- Say you will go to Watchdog or contact Money Saving Expert. They often deal with complaints like this and are very helpful. Get in touch with them with your story and tell the company you have done so.

- Say that you will go to the small claims court and the ombudsman, to prove that this money has been taken out of your account unwillingly. 

These steps should, hopefully, get you your money back. Don't give up and focus on the fact that they cannot povide proof you ever 'signed up'. Push for this proof, as it's unlikely they can provide this, and should be forced to give your money back.

If they give up trying to hold on to your money, the Post Office should then send you a text message with a long code. Take the code to your post office, with ID as proof, and they should refund you your money in cash. 

I hope this is helpful!

Message 65 of 73

• 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I should like to cancel my subscription to SB7MOBILE Ltd.

Message 66 of 73

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@184 

You need to follow the advice already posted on the thread.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 67 of 73

Berserker
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Why do i have to go to the company, O2 is the company i have a contract with and it O2 who have taken money, i don't see how that isn't a breach of the DD agreement.

Message 68 of 73

Enlli
Level 64: Magistrate
  • 6132 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1425 Solutions

@Berserker It's an old thread but have you read it. O2 are simply passing on charges from the company

Advice on the thread but we also have this

Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

With regards to SB7 contact details here

https://www.sb7mobile.com/

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 69 of 73

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143182 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27459 Solutions

@Enlli wrote:

................O2 are simply passing on charges from the company

and taking their 30% don't forget.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 70 of 73