Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SB7 mobile charges

AB78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My bill has doubled in price due to random charges from SB7 Mobile, under reference health. Any ideas? No idea what these charges/scams are about.
TIA
Message 1 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

We have admin ( @Martin-O2 @Marjo) who pass on info to o2 and o2 may read some areas of the forum but no one employed by o2 directly is regularly active on the forum.
O2 will be fully aware of our feelings about these scams already though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 73

Ian-in-Norwich
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks MI5.

Despite providing and no doubt earning revenue from a cash collection service for these scam organisations, O2 were very clear with me today that it was all my problem not theirs.

This really needs stronger regulation and accountability.  Could you imagine if banks were allowed to behave like this?

It would be good to see a TV expose documentary on this issue.  It might prompt some action.

Message 22 of 73

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Bring back Anne Robinson slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 73

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

We see lots of frustrated feedback on this topic here on the forum. Sorry to hear that you've also had unexpected charges @Ian-in-Norwich. We'll pass along your comments as well, hope it gets sorted for you soon. Thanks for the tag @MI5thumbsup

Message 24 of 73

Simple_Simon
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife just noticed a £9 charge on her bill from SB7 too (3*£3), no idea how she got signed up to their "service". O2 gave her a partial refund but suggested we talk to SB7 for a full refund.

Message 25 of 73

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Contacting the company directly is the usual advice we give.
Generally it's the quickest way and you can ensure you are unsubscribed at the same time.

Currently using:
Message 26 of 73

Ian-in-Norwich
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Marjo @Marjo
This will only get sorted out when O2 refuse to collect money for this organisation and refund the customers who have been charged. Please take a look at their website. I really don't believe they are genuine. What service have they provided for these £3 charges? Can they provide evidence that contracts have been entered into? I am not going to give them more personal details to try to get a refund. In my opinion, a crime has been committed and O2 have negligently assisted this. Is anyone from O2 going to contact me or do I just get your best wishes that this is sorted out somehow?
Message 27 of 73

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
The onus is on you to prove that you didn't click on a link on a website / facebook / twitter...

Some people do sign up to these things, and why should o2 give you a refund, go to the PSA and report them through there...

o2 get a notification that your number signed up, and they pay the company and they bill you... if anything fraudulent has happened report SB7 not o2.
Event the Citizens advice give the same advice:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/phone-internet-downloads-or-tv/complain-about-a-premium-r...
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 28 of 73

Ian-in-Norwich
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi @madasaf1sh Thanks for the reply. Is this your viewpoint or that of O2? @Marjo
Not sure how you can prove that you didn't click on a link!?
The feedback on this forum and on the Google one star feedback for the SB7 Mobile website is clear enough. This business scams lots of people.
But fine if O2 feels no responsibility either legally or ethically to protect its customers, then I will be vote with my feet as my O2 contracts renew and spread the word.
I am less concerned about getting the small refund and much more concerned to be reassured that O2 are doing their part in protecting customers and not profiting from scams.
Message 29 of 73

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

I don’t work for o2 or Telefonica... 

you will every mobile network will be the same with this type of issue.. it’s up to you to prove you did do anything to sign up..... 

Good luck with your new network..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 30 of 73