Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S9 free tablet runaround

DeVereor
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I'm now on day 41 after my qualifying purchase and nothing.. I contact o2 and they don't have a clue.
Many of their phoneline and livechat staff tell me the 14-40 starts after the 14 day cooling off and I need to wait 54 days total.. this is ofcourse them being slightly dense but treating me like I'm the one being stupid, heh.
They also blamed it on samsung, but few chats with samsung lead to them having nothing to do with the promotion.. it's just o2 running it.
Back and forth I go, and nobody at o2 really gives a poop so they keep fobbing me off.
Anyone had the same?
Anyone have good advice?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The 40 days starts after day 14 so they are correct in that respect. What we know from others on here is that a dispatch email is sent out the day before delivery of the tablet and that the process is fully automatic, so there should be no need to chase it up at all.
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/free-samsung-galaxy-tab-a-101free-gift-with-qualifyi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The 40 days starts after day 14 so they are correct in that respect. What we know from others on here is that a dispatch email is sent out the day before delivery of the tablet and that the process is fully automatic, so there should be no need to chase it up at all.
https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/free-samsung-galaxy-tab-a-101free-gift-with-qualifyi...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@DeVereor

We also know of someone who posted that they had received theirs and posted about it this morning

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Free-tablet-Samsung-A-10-with-S9/m-p/1144211/highlight/tru...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

DeVereor
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The 14-40 thing is annoying me though lol
As their staffs interpretation varies from person to person. And in the actual t&c there is nothing to interpret as it verbatim says "free gift will be dispatched between 14-40 days after making a qualifying purchase".
The day you make your purchase is the day you make your purchase, that's not able to be read any other way.

Are o2 really saying they wait the cooling off period of 14 days, then ignore it completely for 14 days, and then will send within another 26? As that wouldnt make any sense.. ignoring it completely for a second 14 days for no reason other that to do so.
Lady phoned me back just now telling me she spoke to samsung customer service and they say it was after cooling off period. But when I phoned and emailed samsung earlier myself they said they had no affiliation to the offer other than it being products they have made, and they pointed me to page on their site that shows current and past offer they have run with company's (most recently one with o2 was a wireless speaker).

Guess I'm just a bit annoyed o2 customer care would prefer to lie to me repeatedly than just admit they fudged judging the demand and are way behind their time schedules

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We have confirmed on here that it is 40 days after the cooling off period, making a total worse case of 54 days.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

Annerobinson
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Have u gotten urs yet? Am still waiting. I've made an official complaint. They told me if I hadn't gotten it in 10 days of their response to contact them again. Which I did last Thursday, was told they are look8ng into it and yet another week later still nothing
Message 6 of 6