Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S8+ and Emergency calls only with full bars

prfraczek
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Do you think it can be fixed by O2 by any chance?

When phone is setup to Automatic network- it is picking up WRONG network which not allowing to make a call just internet so shows the full bar!!!

Then I have to change 'Automatic' to manual and pickup different network and everything is fine 'until' I loose this network then have to reconnect. 

Can the 'Automatic' network providers list be edited on my phone? or maybe O2 eventually do something with it ie will check the list of approved providers.

I believe someone from O2 will read it. It is just 'unacceptable’.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The list of approved networks is picked up off the sim card so try a new sim first. If this doesn't work it could be an issue with the software version on your phone, which can be flashed easily enough to fix.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

prfraczek
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is the second sim, and it is nothing to do with phone software or sim card.

I've swapped across sim cards with my girlfriends Galaxy S7edge (which btw got the same issue) and the problem persist. 

Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Personally I would get the phone sent off to Samsung, it's by far your best option. 

SAMSUNG

0330 726 7864
Monday - Saturday | 9:00 to 18:00.

Message 4 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You're going to have to get the phone looked at then I'm afraid.
What CSC are on the phones?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 10

prfraczek
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
slight_smile sorry Jonsie but I just said both phones S7Edge and S8+ got the same issue in Paris with 2 different sim cards. Can't see 0.0001% of possibilities that this is due to the phone problem.
Message 6 of 10

prfraczek
  • 17 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
S7Edge had the same problem in Sicily last year. iPhone 6 Plus 2 years ago in Sardinia....
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So are you saying this is a roaming problem?
That wasn't clear from your opening post?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I didn't  read it as a roaming problem either. If this has happened on 6 phones? then you have an account problem. 

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Either way the priority list is set by the sim. If it's connected to the networks on the list, they are the ones o2 want you to connect to.
If those networks don't deliver a service, that's a different problem entirely.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10