cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run out of allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem, something a bit strange! I usually top up to get my Simplicity Pay&Go allowance on the 20th of every month but it seems to have already run out before my next top up which will be Nov 20th. But I thought I was able to still text at least until I have to top up again next month, as I get unlimited texts but 300 mins for calls and my call time is all out but it still won't let me text. So have I basically just used up all my allowance before my next top up date and I'll have to top up earlier than Nov 20th? and then top up again on that date? I'm confused! I hope that all makes sense!

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Your unlimited text allowance is actually 2990 on P&G. It could be that you may reached your allowance for the month. It doesn't matter how many times you top up, you will only get your allowance on the 20th.

Topping up won't give you another allowance until the 20th and your texts would come out of any top up until your allowance begins again.

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, well I just topped up with £25.00 and £21.50 has been debited from that amount and now I can text, call etc. so it seems I won't have to wait until the 20th Nov, as I topped up today on the 1st, it seems that now my new top up date is the 1st of every month and it says that I will have my Simplicity allowance until the 1st Dec but I guess if I use it all up before then, I'll have to re-top up before the 1st Dec. But I would have thought it will last until the 1st Dec, no matter how many texts I send etc.

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm or maybe it might have something to do with when I was away last week and I was on 02 Travel and I was texting quite a lot while I was away. I made hardly any calls though.

Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is now a fair usage policy to only allow 2990 text a month rather than unlimited which is misleading

Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

So,the tariff i have for an Iphone 5 is unlimited calls/text & 1GB of Data for £46.00 a month, now O2's new contract plans exactly the same for exactly the same price however instead of 1GB it includes 2GB! How is that fair for those who are now stuck with 1GB????? no wonder people leave o2 for EE(T-mobile & Orange)

Message 7 of 13

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Tariffs change all the time for new contracts as the market moves.

But yours is a different question to the op you could start a new topic in the discussions section.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if the limit is the same on pay monthly also are unlimited minutes really unlimited or is there a limit on pay monthly

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

i thought i read somewhere that unlimited on pay monthly is actually 13000

Message 10 of 13