Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Rolling contract

My contract ends in September and I am going abroad at the end of the year so do not want to renew. Can you just go on a rolling contract, if so what notice do you need to give? Also can I change my number to pay as you go when I have given notice?

Highlighted
Topics: 295
Kudos: 1,853
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: Rolling contract

a rolling contract is the default but at the same cost as now.

You are  better closing the account and moving the number to PAYG but you need to make the odd call to keep number active (every 6 months )

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,894

At the end of your contract you automatically go onto a rolling monthly contract unless you give 30 days notice to end the account.

You can change your number to P&G at anytime by contact customer service.

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,927

You need to give 30 days notice or else your current contract will continue on a rolling monthly basis. You will still have to pay the same amount every month as you do now.... Yes, you can change over to a PAYG SIM which would be the cheapest option for you but rememer to top up and make a chargeable call every now and again to keep your SIM (and number) alive..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Great! Thank you  all for your help.