cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,  I'm on a monthly contract and wondered if it is possible to buy a Bolt that would give me 3 /4 days Roaming while on a short visit to Barcelona ?    

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions

You will automatically get the "O2 Travel" bolt on.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions

You will automatically get the "O2 Travel" bolt on.

http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93216 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6970 Solutions

There are no other roaming bolt ons for data. Use wifi whenever possible and turn off voicemail before you go.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do people in this forum insisit on recommending Wifi abroad to new posters when their are many well documented security risks associated with public Wifi.

Can you guys at least warm about hacking risks and how easy it is to steal secure information like usernames and passwords?

There is no such thing as a free lunch ...

Message 4 of 6

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's actually a rather good point.

I'd hope most people wouldn't be using anything that could cause problems on wifi full stop let alone a public variant.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Why do people in this forum insisit on recommending Wifi abroad to new posters when their are many well documented security risks associated with public Wifi.

Can you guys at least warm about hacking risks and how easy it is to steal secure information like usernames and passwords?

There is no such thing as a free lunch ...

Because we are trying to save people from an extremely high bill when abroad.

We can't run a full course on how to use every feature on every phone in a reply it just wouldn't work.

If people want to use free open wi-fi hotspots they need to use a VPN for security reasons, and some hotspots are secured and you will need a password to use them.

I agree there should be more information about security when using wi-fi.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 6