cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in France and I cannot dail out. It keep saying the network is not supported and I have a contract phone. Please help.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Have you/Did you activate international roaming and calling on your number before leaving the UK. Not all sims will automatically roam. It may well be worth giving C.S a call if you can they should be able to sort for you

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Try manually searching and selecting a different network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Have you/Did you activate international roaming and calling on your number before leaving the UK. Not all sims will automatically roam. It may well be worth giving C.S a call if you can they should be able to sort for you

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don’t need to activate international roaming I have a monthly contract with o2. It comes on automatically. I can use my date and it allows me to receive calls but I cannot dial out.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Did you try a manual network search yet?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 11

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! Welcome to our forum! Let us know if any of the above suggestions helped you out or if you need any further advice?

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank u all very much. I eventually managed to have live chat with o2 guru, it was then that they told me that I have international call ban on my account so they assisted me with removing it. Thank u once again.
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To be honest I always used to call CS before I travelled to make sure roaming was activated. Then I went onto contract and did the same (until the advisor kindly told me I no longer had to do this, it was quite apparent from my account details that I travelled abroad frequently). Smiley Very Happy

My opinion up to that point was.... 'It's always better to be safe than sorry'.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Awesome that you got it working finally @Anonymous! smiling Thanks for the update!

Enjoy France grin

Message 10 of 11