cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming whilst in Israel

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a customer of O2 almost since it started and have a pay monthly contract. I have travelled to may locations and used my phone abroad. This year I will be travelling to Israel for a short visit and as previously I expected to be able to use my phone with the travel Bolt on. I am amazed that Israel is not included in Travel Europe but even when looking on the long list of other countries that are covered no mention of Israel has been made. Could it be that O2 has become political?

I hope someone will show me that I have just looked in the wrong place..

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Standard rates for Israel here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

When in:  Israel     Calling:  United Kingdom (UK)

Making calls - per minute £1.50
Receiving calls - per minute £1.25
Sending texts - per message 40p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage £6*
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Standard rates for Israel here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

When in:  Israel     Calling:  United Kingdom (UK)

Making calls - per minute £1.50
Receiving calls - per minute £1.25
Sending texts - per message 40p

Cost per MB of using data:

Data usage £6*
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Pretty horrendous in fact!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Data use is certainly to be avoided. But no different to any other country not covered by O2 travel

Currently using:
Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The sole reason for the demise of TU. They should be looking at lowering those costs if they cared for their customers but it's totally about the money and grabbing what money they can from us. 

@Anonymous

Get your phone unlocked and use a local sim unless there is widely available WiFi. 

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous The longevity of your being a customer means nothing to O2 any more. Hasn't for some time. I suggest you make sure your phone is unlocked, get a Three Pay As You Go sim and use their Feel At Home plan. It covers Israel. You can call and text back to the UK, and there's no charge to roam on whatever data you buy. Alternatively, you could ask for your PAC and take a Pay Monthly plan with Three and that will really tell O2 how you feel about them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
Im sorry but Israel isn't part of the EU, or the EEA, so why should it part of Travel Europe.

I have travelled to Israel on many occasions and only 3 i think include it in their feel at home service.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7