cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming text itemisation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, I'm downloading the itemisation from my first bill using the "what I've used" tool but for the category "Roaming text messages EU" it does not show the number the message was sent to. All messages just show "SMS Message Centre" as the destination. For UK messages and roaming voice calls EU I can see the number called/messaged. How can I see the same for roaming texts? This is quite a gap in the data.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous and @MI5, just double checked about this and it looks like customer service doesn't have a way to get the numbers texted either I'm afraid. 😞 They will only see the amount of texts sent and the message center number. If it's a long text, it might show as multiple texts sent about 4 seconds apart. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Unfortunately, the bill has always shown the international gateway number for roaming text messages.
You could try calling customer services to see if they have any further info for you though.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi MI5, thanks for the response. I suspected that was the case. It's a shame because I always got this info from Orange and Vodafone (never thought I'd be praising those two for anything!). Yes I could ask customer services for the data but this is something I do every month so would really like a more permanent solution than asking each time.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Ah, yes. Every month could well be more difficult!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous and @MI5, just double checked about this and it looks like customer service doesn't have a way to get the numbers texted either I'm afraid. 😞 They will only see the amount of texts sent and the message center number. If it's a long text, it might show as multiple texts sent about 4 seconds apart. 

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Yeah, I thought that was the case but worth a check anyway.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have to say that's pretty poor. I was always able to get this with Vodafone and Orange. They must have the data sitting somewhere otherwise how would the message get forwarded to the correct number. Just a question of not having the tools to access it.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Would screenshots of your text log off your phone be suitable for you?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that would help but if I was going to go down that route I could just manually recreate the history by looking at my SMS's and cross referenceing them to the timestamp on the itemisation. I never delete them. A bit manual though. Is there an SMS log file in Android that I can transfer to my PC and view in a text editor? That would be a plus.

Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
There are various apps that will backup your sms to PC so there's a good chance you'll find something to do that.
SMS Backup+ that I use backs all mine up to gmail, but many others provide different options.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10