cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

My roaming isn’t working in France. I have mobile data switched on and roaming on. The 3 G sign is on at the top of the screen. Still not working. Any thoughts?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92926 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Make sure you are using the correct dialling code. You need to use +48 or try 0048 and dropping the first zero of the number.

Message 61 of 90

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Jakub1 

https://www.prokerala.com/how-to/call/poland?from=united-kingdom

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 62 of 90

Blissed
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same issue - lockedin outside the UK (Poland) and having real connectivity issues. Been trying to manually chnage to networks that seems to work off the defauly orange - and sometimes that works, sometimes having 'logged off' orange and come back it then works and gives me data.

I've tried updating to the 'mobile 02' APN details and so far its not working. Trying to get the automated text doesn;t seem to work when abroad (active to 2020) in case I've missed a setting.

As a potentially associated aside, I don;t seem to be able to update my device on Myo2 (from my old OnePlus 3 to current Redmi Pro 😎

Message 63 of 90

xpalinkax
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My roaming and txt messages stop.working in Netherlands . Ive tried change apn and nothing
Message 64 of 90

Cleoriff
  • 122376 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@xpalinkax 

How long hav you been abroad?

O2 operate a fair use policy when abroad.

Check the terms here https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy 

You may only use our services in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for periodic travel, like holidays or short breaks. Your data usage may be limited in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) at a lower level than you data allowance in the UK if you’re a Pay As You Go customer. Once you go over this limit you’ll be charged. For these limits and charges please see www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/roaming-in-europe.
What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK, using a large volume of your allowance (be that text, calls or data) in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), or using our services and travelling within our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 63 or more days in any four month period and you cannot demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services. In such an event we will notify you and then after two weeks charges will apply (the “Surcharges”). For Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go customers the Surcharges are £4.50/GB for data, 3.3p/minute for calls and 1p/text for texts. These charges will cease to apply if you can subsequently demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 65 of 90

Livia
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi i done the upgrade and after that my internet in Europe is not working at all...what should I do???thanks
Message 66 of 90

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Livia 

Some things to try.

1 - Manually search for a different network.

2 - Reboot your phone

3 - Call customer service to check for any roaming bars.

4 - If usig an iPhone, change data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk"

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 67 of 90

Ivanka
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, how can I find out if my roaming is turned on?
Message 68 of 90

Ivanka
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, how can I find out if my roaming is turned on? Roaming is free...
Message 69 of 90

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ivanka 

Only free in EU or if you have travel inclusive bolt on.

Currently using:
Message 70 of 90