cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

My roaming isn’t working in France. I have mobile data switched on and roaming on. The 3 G sign is on at the top of the screen. Still not working. Any thoughts?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Community_STS_0.png
Community_STS_1.png Community_STS_2.png
Message 1 of 90
89 REPLIES 89

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

JV
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I'm currently in Canada and am only getting speeds of 0.5mbps. I have tried everything that I know and have had 4 different online chats with help from useless o2 staff who just read a script off the screen. No help at all. Any have any ideas??
Message 42 of 90

JV
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have the international roaming bolt on included with my tariff. I have reset apn settings, tried manually selecting all available networks on 3g and 4g. I have this problem everytime I go abroad. When speaking to o2 when I get home they tell me it'll work next time. And it never does. Had this issue with o2 for many years now. Been with o2 since before they were called o2. Think it's time to go to Vodafone which works great abroad, just like being in the UK!
Message 43 of 90

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Unfortunately that is the sort of speed many customers get outside of the EU @JV.
Most who come on here before travelling are advised to use either a local sim or get a 3 sim as they tend to get better (read, usable) speeds.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 44 of 90

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@JV 

O2 travel outside of the EU throttles data to 0.5mbps. 

You are working 100% as O2 intend it to.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 45 of 90

JV
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5 @gmarkj
That's can't be true as I know other people on o2 that when they go abroad their phone works perfectly just like when in the UK.
I was here in Canada with my sister in August and she is on o2 and us standing side by side her phone was 100x faster than mine, both being on the same tariff and having an Iphone. It's just ridiculous to have this issue over and over again. I think I'll be going to Vodafone to be honest
Message 46 of 90

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
I cannot speak from personal experience but there are many members on here who report this.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 47 of 90

JV
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I've just spoken to o2 "technical help" who was also useless but with one piece of information. O2 only allow you to download 150mb at full speed then slow it down due to fair usage policy.
Me, knowing the answer to the question I was about to ask, how do I stop data loading automatically so I can reserve it for whatsapp for which is the only thing I want to use when not in wifi. He replied turn off data roaming, hahaha, but then nothing will work. Going back and forth he kept giving me the wrong answer. The correct answer is to turn off all push notifications except for what you want to use. In my case whatsapp.

Unbelievably retarded untrained staff. After 3 days of trying to get this sorted all one had to tell me was that I could only download 150mb at full speed!

Absolute poor service!
Message 48 of 90

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Like we said, working as intended.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 49 of 90

Ezeh
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don't know why I can't make outgoing calls with my o2... Could someone help me with that please
Message 50 of 90