Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Roaming not working

[ Edited ]

My roaming isn’t working in France. I have mobile data switched on and roaming on. The 3 G sign is on at the top of the screen. Still not working. Any thoughts?

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Topics: 536
Solutions: 11,504

Re: Roaming not working

Make sure you have disabled 4g in your phone settings and try a manual network search and choose a different network.
If using an iPhone, change your data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone7 (EE)
Topics: 548
Solutions: 3,428

It does sound like an iPhone problem. If so you need to change the apn back when you return.

Community Manager

Hey @Anonymous are you still having issues with this? 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Anonymous

[ Edited ]

All sorted. Thank you

Community Manager

Great to hear @Anonymous! Glad this was resolved for you. smiling

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Highlighted

@Anonymous wrote:

All sorted. Thank you

Can you help others by saying exactly what your fix was please @Anonymous ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Level 1: Joiner

I had the same issue but fixed it by changing my data apn to mobile.o2.co.uk, just like it was advised on this thread.  Thank you

Good to hear Smiley Happy

Currently using:
Level 1: Joiner

Thank you. Unable to use data in France on my iphone SE, read this and changed my data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk"
and hey presto! It now works. Merci