Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in EU

crystal24601
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I have an iPhone SE but the roaming isn’t working when I travel to the EU (France, Italy, Spain).

My Data Roaming is turned on, When I was last in London I went into the O2 store and replaced the sim, double checked that there isn’t a block on my account ... but it’s still not working. It’s like my phone doesn’t recognise any networks, I can only seem to use it when I get access to WiFi.

Any suggestions?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@crystal24601 It's possible that roaming may not have been enabled on your new sim when you swapped it. You'll need to contact customer service: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus Live Chat may be able to help, but if you need to speak to someone you can call from any phone for free on +44800 032 1402.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@crystal24601 

Check your data apn and if it is set to idata.o2.co.uk change it to mobile.o2.co.uk.

Save the changes and restart your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@crystal24601 

Check your data apn and if it is set to idata.o2.co.uk change it to mobile.o2.co.uk.

That's interesting @MI5 , mine is also set to idata.o2.co.uk, would you recommend this is changed for everyone going abroad?

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@dgilbert2 wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

@crystal24601 

That's interesting @MI5 , mine is also set to idata.o2.co.uk, would you recommend this is changed for everyone going abroad?

No, not for everyone.

It should only be changed if not working as it depends on the bolt on you have on account.

It should always be iData for iPhones but often accounts are set up incorrectly.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Got it, thanks @MI5

Message 6 of 7

fredsautos
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don't know if this is any help but this year in Malta my wife's phone wouldn't allow any data roaming. After a lot of head scratching we discovered it was set for PAYG not monthly contract. Swapping this and it worked fine.
Message 7 of 7