cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Southern Ireland

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Lumia 640 dual SIM phone, fitted with a UK O2 pay monthly SIM and a Movistar (Spanish Telefonica) contract SIM. Both SIMs connect normally and roam in the UK, Spain and France, but now I am in Southern Ireland, while the Movistar SIM roams normally and connects to Vodafone IE or O2-IRL, the O2 SIM reports no network found. So I can't roam on O2 in Ireland! My wife has a phone on GiffGaff which also uses the O2 network, and she has the same message - no network found. Her other phone, on Digisim, roams normally here on Meteor. Should it be possible to roam in Southern Ireland on O2? Seems a poor show if I can't, and will need to change network provider.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, you should be able too, but sounds like there may be a problem with the local network that has the roaming agreement with O2.
Have you tried a manual network search to see if any others show as available?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Agree, when i was over mine worked fine on metro (or whatever is renamed now)
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 3