Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Europe not working

Hutchables
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Good evening all, I’m away in Europe at the moment and my roaming doesn’t seem to want to connect to the local network, I have all the settings correct and the relevant bolt ons.
It will briefly connect to 4G but won’t show any signal bars, this last about a minute before it goes off and shows up as no service.

This is frustrating as a few of my work colleagues are on O2 and have had no problem connecting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I need to use my phone while I’m out here and there is no Wi-fi where I’m staying.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Nisky
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
First step is reboot your phone ,you may need to do this a couple of times. Are you friends on O2 also? I’m asking as O2 have been slower that other operators to sign up for 4G roaming cross agreements with other providers.
Message 2 of 7

Hutchables
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have tried resetting settings, turning phone on and off countless times.

Turning airplane mode off and on will connect to 4G for about a minute before it disconnects.

My friends are all on O2 and have 4 bar signal and 4G, this is irritating as I need to use my phone while over here.
Message 3 of 7

Nisky
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To help others give suggestions can you say which phone model you have?
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Hutchables 

iPhone? 

Change your data APN to mobile.o2.co.uk

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Also, o2 have about 3 agreements to use 4G so it might be that where you are they do not use it...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Try switching to 3G and see if you can get a connection.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7