Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Cyprus (south) - Cyta-Voda

MrA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Working in the UK territory in Cyprus, using my pay monthly O2 sim in a phone purchased in the UK via Apple, I've been manually connecting network operator to Cyta-Voda (as I work on the border and dont want it to connect to Turkish networks). This has been fine for months (3g and 4g). Today, I can no longer connect to Cyta-Voda. I know the Cyta network is operational, as I have a pay as you go Cyta mobile phone, that works lovely.

Has a link broken between O2 UK and Cyta-Voda?

I can connect manually to MTN 3G OK and the Turkish ones.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MrA
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After being conneted to MTN (another south cyprus mobile prvider) for 24hrs, I re-tried the connection to Cyta,  the next day, and it just worked!

I've not had any other changes, so can only assume a "glitch" in cyta-voda network.

This case can be closed

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MrA This is a customer community. No one here would have access to that information, unless they were in the same area as you are. Can you contact Cyta-Voda by phone on your Pay & Go phone? That would be the easiest way to find out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@MrA 

The T&C's only allow so many days use per year so youvyo probably exceeded the allowances https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2travel-paymonthly-terms-and-conditions

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

MrA
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I live and work in UK Soverign territory on the island of Cyprus. I would say that I am classed as a light user (maybe a dozen calls and texts and 4/5GB ish data per month).

My account is still working, and Ive not had any disist notifications, on my unlimited +20GB a month plan.

And it does say "like at home" on the euro zone roaming.....

I only ever call or text UK numbers. I have my Cyta-Voda mobile for stuff over here.

I'll just have to use another operator (MTN) for now.

I just like Cyta better as they have better coverage.

The T&Cs read very much to protect O2 from those taking the p!ss abroad. I dont believe I'm anywhere near that end of the scale, dispite being here for longer than 4 months

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

This part from the general T&C's is probably applicable.
If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 63 or more days in any four month period and you cannot demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

MrA
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After being conneted to MTN (another south cyprus mobile prvider) for 24hrs, I re-tried the connection to Cyta,  the next day, and it just worked!

I've not had any other changes, so can only assume a "glitch" in cyta-voda network.

This case can be closed

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions