Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

MGC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a pay monthly O2 phone contract. I wish to travel to South Africa for 3 weeks in November 2023. I can see from the O2 website there is a ‘Going Abroad’ option for Pay Monthly customers for £6 per day. This would cost me £120 extra for the trip. But I don’t want data usage and only, only 3 or 4 outgoing calls to gain access to rented properties and receive any emergency calls. Is there another option for me?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7136 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

Other than paying international rates for your calls and text...then no.

I usually advise peiople to get a local SIM on landing. And make sure data roaming is switched off as you will end up with a big bill if the phone connects to the network

Remember it is £6 for the day you switch on your phone. Day's not switched on won't be charged

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7136 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1590 Solutions

Other than paying international rates for your calls and text...then no.

I usually advise peiople to get a local SIM on landing. And make sure data roaming is switched off as you will end up with a big bill if the phone connects to the network

Remember it is £6 for the day you switch on your phone. Day's not switched on won't be charged

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124298 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

@MGC 

Just to add to the good advice from @Enlli  a reminder that O2 Travel at £6.00 a day will be generated if you send a single text.

If you want O2 Travel then text O2TRAVEL to 23336 at least 24 hrs BEFORE you leave the UK.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/international/using-phone-abroad 

Turn Voicemail OFF and use Wifi wherever you can.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3