Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming charges

Howard3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received 2 texts today saying as I was in Turkey then charges for data and calls would apply, also that my £51/50Mb allowance would soon be exceeded & to increase payment to £120 a month. As I am in Greece this was a surprise to me but calls to O2 about this came to nothing (cut off). My data allowance pay monthly is 15Gb. Any help or comments on this please? I don't want to be presented with an incorrect bill. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147225 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Howard3 

Set your network connection to manual and choose a Greek network from the list of networks presented.

This will lock the phone to that network and not any Turkish ones.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37301 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1700 Solutions

Turkish networks do cover parts of Greece, especially the islands - and Turkey is not in O2's Europe Zone, so expensive, @Howard3 - Guide: Roaming in Turkey and Cyprus as an example.

Treat the SMS as suspect and do not click in any of the links therein!

If you have WiFi, use the MyO2 app or browser to your account to cross-check. Also reach out to O2 via Social Media, links below this post. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147225 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Howard3 

Set your network connection to manual and choose a Greek network from the list of networks presented.

This will lock the phone to that network and not any Turkish ones.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3