Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming abroad

Mano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I currently have a pay monthly tariff with the Europe zone included and the travel zone. I am going to Greece for 4 months to work and I want to be able to use my phone while abroad. Will this be included in my tarried or will they charge me extra for this ?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10250 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

@Mano

As per the t&c's you may be charged for roaming / have service suspended as below, as you will breach the 63 day rule. 

You may only use our services in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for periodic travel, like holidays or short breaks. Your data usage may be limited in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) at a lower level than you data allowance in the UK if you’re a Pay As You Go customer. Once you go over this limit you’ll be charged. For these limits and charges please see www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/roaming-in-europe.
What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK, using a large volume of your allowance (be that text, calls or data) in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), or using our services and travelling within our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 63 or more days in any four month period and you cannot demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services. In such an event we will notify you and then after two weeks charges will apply (the “Surcharges”). For Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go customers the Surcharges are £4.50/GB for data, 3.3p/minute for calls and 1p/text for texts. These charges will cease to apply if you can subsequently demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10250 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3016 Solutions

@Mano

As per the t&c's you may be charged for roaming / have service suspended as below, as you will breach the 63 day rule. 

You may only use our services in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for periodic travel, like holidays or short breaks. Your data usage may be limited in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) at a lower level than you data allowance in the UK if you’re a Pay As You Go customer. Once you go over this limit you’ll be charged. For these limits and charges please see www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-as-you-go/roaming-in-europe.
What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK, using a large volume of your allowance (be that text, calls or data) in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), or using our services and travelling within our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 63 or more days in any four month period and you cannot demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services. In such an event we will notify you and then after two weeks charges will apply (the “Surcharges”). For Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go customers the Surcharges are £4.50/GB for data, 3.3p/minute for calls and 1p/text for texts. These charges will cease to apply if you can subsequently demonstrate prevailing use and / or presence in the UK.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Mano
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So the guy in the phone said ofcom regulate it and all providers only allow you to use your phone abroad for 2 months.
That’s a lie. EE allow you 130 days, Vodafone work on a 4 month period I believe.
Basically o2 could allow me to use my hole abroad longer but they want to start charging me and get more money out of me. I’m really not happy as it is possible to allow use abroad longer but o2 just refuse to do it. Shocking customer service and shocking service full stop.
Don’t say it’s a rule for all networks when that is not the case at all.
Such a joke
Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144752 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

@Mano 

The rules were available for you to read and you agreed to them when you took your contract out. 
It's not o2's fault if you don't like them. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Mano
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I took the contract out way before I got offered the job in Greece. The point in making is I was told 2 months abroad was the standard by ofcom which is not true. Don’t lie to cover your backs and to make money out of people, it’s not right
Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144752 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

I never told you that at all. 
Don't twist things around please. 
We are all customers here and cannot influence o2 business decisions. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6