Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Europe and travel inclusive zone

Kielty
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi I wondered if anyone can help with a scenario I have. I flew to Canada from Dublin, Ireland and had to make a call to Canada before the flight left. I have been charged for the call between the Europe zone and the travel inclusive zone whilst roaming. I have the travel inclusive option on my contract. Is this correct?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143410 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kielty 

You have to be in the zone you are calling for the call to be included, so UK to UK, EU to EU or USA to USA etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Kielty 

If you have O2 Travel Inclusive then that also includes calls within Europe

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

Look at the section headed Travel in Europe i.e.

We cover roaming in our Europe Zone as part of our phone tariffs. So your data, minutes and text allowances will work in our Europe Zone, just like they do at home. Find out more about roaming in our Europe Zone.

You need to call customer services to query this Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Kielty
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Cleoriff, forgive me for being stupid but should I have been charged for a call from the Europe zone to the travel inclusive zone? The links are not clear.. calls are included within the Europe zone and calls within the travel inclusive zone but I cannot find reference to calls between the listed European countries and the additional 27 countries In the travel inclusive zone...
Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Kielty 

Exactly how much were you charged? Was it £4.99? (this would be the O2 TRAVEL rate, not TRAVEL INCLUSIVE) or was it more than that, ie International rate?

I think O2 would say as you weren't actually in the Travel Inclusive zone when you made the call this is the reason you were charged.

Additionally, If I was in the UK and made a call to Canada, I WOULD be charged no matter what bolt on I had on my account.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/calling-abroad-from-the-uk

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/calling-abroad-standard-rates

You should give customer services a call https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Kielty yes you have been charged correctly, calls between EU and none EU countries are chargable, as per your tariff and its classed as a UK to Canada Call, so £2 per minute

Also o2 travel only covers in country and back to the UK.

This might help:
"For £4.99 in Turkey and selected destinations outside of Europe you'll get all the data you need, plus 120 minutes to make and/or receive calls and 120 texts to use within your travel destination and back to the UK. "

EU to EU Countries is covered by EU regulations, as are UK to EU Calls
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes I posted the rates in my second link...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

Kielty
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks all - I was charged £1.89 as I have the travel inclusive zone included I do not get charged £4.99 per day. The call I made was NOT in the UK but in Ireland part of the EU. I thought as long as I was roaming when I made the call ie not in the UK calls I made In either the EU or wider travel zone were included. Apparently not if made Europe to a wider travel inclusive zone country. May need to call O2 and clear this up.
Message 7 of 10

MI5
  • 143410 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Kielty 

You have to be in the zone you are calling for the call to be included, so UK to UK, EU to EU or USA to USA etc.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 10

Kielty
  • 6 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks MI5 just the info I was looking for. Not very clear in any of the information O2 provide.
Message 9 of 10

MI5
  • 143410 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Happy to help wink

Currently using:
Message 10 of 10