Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Roaming Charges

It appears that Vodafone have done the honourable thing and dropped roaming charges for making and receiving calls in a whole raft of countries. Has O2 got any plans to follow suit or should I get hold of a Voda PayG sim to take on holiday with me?
Highlighted
Topics: 293
Kudos: 1,845
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,310

Roaming Charges

I have seen that but note it is for June July August then back again.

Looks like a Holiday promotion.
iPhone xs 256gb on 20gb tariff o2 open discount
iPad Pro 11” 2018 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Henstridge Rural South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Highlighted
Anonymous

Roaming Charges

Yeah www.gsmarena.com

They have doen this for the summer. I will expect other networks to announce similar packages shortly.

Summer time is when most people look for new contracts, so I would expect other networks to fight back with there own prmotions get new customer on board.
Highlighted
Anonymous

What about using local SIM Card to avoid roaming charges?

Hi Guys,

I plan to unlock pay monthly phone to make it SIM free in order to use it abroad.
I assume then I can buy a local SIM card and put it in the phone to make use of discounted local tariffs?
Would it void the warranty of the phone? Does O2 officially unlock pay monthly phones with extra charge?

Thanks,
Highlighted
Anonymous

Roaming Charges

As far as I know, most O2 phones (apart from the iPhone) are not locked to O2, so you can put any SIM card in them and they will work just fine. You can try with another network's SIM card here in the UK to confirm this before travelling abroad. And yes, as long as the phone is unlocked, it will accept a SIM from any country.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Roaming Charges

As far as I know, most O2 phones (apart from the iPhone) are not locked to O2, so you can put any SIM card in them and they will work just fine. You can try with another network's SIM card here in the UK to confirm this before travelling abroad. And yes, as long as the phone is unlocked, it will accept a SIM from any country.

Yupe! All postpaid phones apart from the Iphone are unlocked phones. Good luck!