Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Charge Confusion

Msindie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Advised O2 was going to Canada and web advises Canada is included in the tariff. Last time I visited it was a £4.99 a day charge for data roaming. I chatted with 02 rep online who says it's not included and the daily charge stands. Arrived in Canada and received this
" Welcome to CANADA. Your tariff includes roaming here. You get 120 minutes, 120 texts and all the data you need each day at no extra cost, subject to our fair usage policy. Your daily allowance applies from midnight to midnight based on the local time of the capital city of this country. Charges for your usage whilst you're here may initially appear in your My O2 account but don't worry. If you stay within your daily allowance, you will not be billed and My O2 usage will correct itself within 3 hours of first appearing. If you go above your daily allowance you will be charged International roaming rates. For more information on International roaming rates visit www.o2.co.uk/inclusive-zone Call 112 for emergency services."
Now I dont know whether I will get charged or not for data and as it's a long trip don't fancy a huge bill on my return.
Can anyone please serve straight as I'm now confused.com! Thanks a lot
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Msindie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @Bambino 😀
Message 11 of 22

Msindie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @Glory1 😀
Message 12 of 22

Msindie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks @MI5 😀
Message 13 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I just want to add something here to avoid confusion for anyone else reading this thread 

The OP @Msindie PM'd me last night and clarified her tariff (unlimited mins and calls and 50gb data).

This means she is actually on the correct tariff O2 Travel Inclusive

She was just concerned as the chat advisor told her she would have to pay £4.99 a day (obviously they were unaware of O2 Travel Inclusive rules and exceptions!) 

@Msindiealso worried about what would happen if she exceeded her allowances. I have explained that she her she would revert to international rates and advised her to use WiFi as much as possible.

We always said O2 Travel and O2 Travel Inclusive would cause problems. This thread is testament to that...

So I apologise if my first post added to the confusion. It was made with good intentions, albeit without being aware of the full facts...Bow

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks @Cleoriff as you can see from my original post I didn't get it and was a bit confused myself as I told her she'd pay £4.99 a day, which was wrong. So am glad of the clarification.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1I am usually pretty comfortable with offering advice on O2 Travel and O2 Travel Inclusive.

We always said when @darrengf published his amazing guide(s) on both, we would need a degree to work it out. wink

The first question we needed to ask re O2 Travel Inclusive, was what tariff and phone are you on?.

Now it's available on all phones ,,,,so it's only the tariff we need to know.

Of course that wasn't explained in the first post.

So off I went on my jolly old ramble presuming that the OP was on O2 Travel (as this is what she was told by the advisor).

Anyway it's all sorted now and boy am I relieved. LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Open University job was it @Cleoriff rofl

Yeah @jonsie and absolutely no need for all my hard work anyway..wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Evening all. 

Yes its it’s a very confusing one in deed.

couple of things to remember.

O2 Inclusive is only Available to people on the new tariffs now released.

Easy way to find out is ask them to look at their bolt ons.  It’s has to say o2 Travel Inclusive Zone (Bottom one)

Also according to o2 when you are abroad let’s say In USA. You will see the charges on your account, then removed a few days later when the system sees them.

also remember let’s say for instance you are in USA and don’t have the Standard o2 Travel.  The charges that are shown will be the full fat charges, which are then removed.

o2 are signing new customers up to Internetnational normal rates and o2Travel Inclusive.  So people may still get caught out In certain countries thinking they have o2Travel which they may not do and as o2Travel Inclusive can some what cover different countries to o2 Travel Inclusive, they may get roaming charges inadvertently.

my Bolt one show as below.  I want to cover every angle I can think on and don’t want charges or expensive roaming when abroad. So I have o2 Travel for places that o2 Travel then don’t include as free.

Clear as mud isn’t it lol

A136C3DE-A14B-467E-8604-7CC9F8046416.png

Any issues always happy to help.

any one listening in o2, could you next time make things a little clearer please. Lol

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 19 of 22

Msindie
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks again for clarifying for me @Cleoriff. Apologies for not providing my tariff to begin with!
Message 20 of 22