cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip off Upgrades

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why does o2 not care about Loyal customers? I am due an upgrade but I cannot get one unless I pay for the phone! I would even have to pay for the same phone (S3) or worse than I already have! How is this fair to loyal customers when every other network will upgrade you for free and how is getting a much worse phone free an upgrade!? Or you can be a "new" customer and get the phone for free. So obviously o2 could not give a monkeys about loyalty only new custom. Nice one o2.I will leaving o2 next year when my contract runs out and I`all give my £32 per month to a provider that cares and respects loyalty. o2 are the worst for loyalty abuse and will never change so be warned if your new or thinking of joining o2 maybe you should think again.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully when it comes time for you to upgrade their will be a handset and tariff that catches your eye either via 02 or somewhere like CPW.

If not request your PAC Code and vote with your feet.

Just ensure if you choose to leave that your next Network gives you good signal where you reside and work.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can get the phone for free, just depends which tariff you take it out on. As for getting a better deal for being a new customer, I have never seen this, the prices online can be met for existing and new customers.

Also I can't make sense of your post as how can you be due an upgrade if your contract ends next year?
Message 2 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I must admit this sounds like nonsense to me too, difficult to comment when the facts appear to be wrong.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also I can't make sense of your post as how can you be due an upgrade if your contract ends next year?

All accounts currently show as eligible for a fast-track upgrade.

This is onto a 24m Refresh tariff and you only pay 75% of your remaining line rental.

I assume this is what the OP is talking about.

And in comparing this to other networks - as far as I am aware, no other network is offering discounted fast track upgrade.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully when it comes time for you to upgrade their will be a handset and tariff that catches your eye either via 02 or somewhere like CPW.

If not request your PAC Code and vote with your feet.

Just ensure if you choose to leave that your next Network gives you good signal where you reside and work.

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Droid-user wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All accounts currently show as eligible for a fast-track upgrade.

This is onto a 24m Refresh tariff and you only pay 75% of your remaining line rental.

I assume this is what the OP is talking about.

And in comparing this to other networks - as far as I am aware, no other network is offering discounted fast track upgrade.

Kind of thought this after I posted, lol.

So the op thinks as O2 won't buy him of his contract that he signed up for, it's a rip off!!!???

He's not going to be happy on any network if that is his expectation!

Message 6 of 6