Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Review on O2 Travel in France, Belgium, Netherlands (Speed Restrictions shocking)

I'm just recently back from a road trip through France, Germany, Switzerland and into Italy.
I was glad in a way that O2 had lifted the £1.99/ 15Mb (6 months earlier it was 25Mb)
I was using my iPhone with the TomTom App and using the traffic which was worthwhile in a few occasions.
Also used my device as a personal hotspot to upload drivers card to web, and didn't notice any difference in speed than back here in UK.
I did try using the O2 Travel App where it was supposed to tell you how much data you were supposed to be using on a daily basis, but it said I wasn't roaming? I did check the My O2 App and that did show the additional charges for the days I had data turned on.
If I needed to upload anything then I waited until somewhere that had wifi.
One thing to bear in mind if trying to use phone on Ferry, is to check what network you are on, as the Ships Network can be a tad expensive!
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,898

Re: Review on O2 Travel in France, Belgium, Netherlands (Speed Restrictions shocking)

Glad you had a good experience Smiley Happy

Quite a few people have fallen victim to the extortionate charges on ships and ferries and come home to very large bills!Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Topics: 747

Agree about the ships networks,. This is when a lot of people get caught out....Smiley Sad

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 48
Kudos: 591
Solutions: 48

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/o2-Travel-Dublin/m-p/878644#M17468

This just shows that O2 Travel is not what it should be.

More and more people on here moan regarding O2 Travel.

I think it's a superb Idea, however it needs better Mangement of it. So it needs to change and clearly say,
"From the word Go, you data will be that slow, it's quicker to walk"
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Highlighted
Topics: 247
Solutions: 1,614

Still a very poor offer from O2 in Europe. Smiley Sad

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Highlighted
Topics: 574
Solutions: 3,898

And why just limit it to Europe? The world is a much smaller place these days and we in the UK are a multicultural society. Literally thousands of O2 customers travel much broader than Europe and the costs here are £1.50 per minute with a minimum charge of £1.50. No per second billing, rounded up to the nearest minute.

Highlighted
Anonymous

I vouch for what AndrewBamford is saying. I'm traveling very often to Spain (15 weeks this year) and I always leave data on. I don't mind paying the 1.99, but the speed is really bad. On my next trip I'll take screenshots of speed tests and will be sending it to O2. If they won't sort it out, will probably move over to Vodafone.
Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous Well all I can say is it must be very different over Wifi. Like you, I spend about 15 weeks a year in Spain and find using Wifi no different  to using it in the UK. On the very rare occasions I use mobile data I have no problems. I use the Movistar network and avoid Vodafone ES and Orange ES as they are useless.

Incidentally for info I travel to the Costa Del Sol region

*The Game Is On*

Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi @Cleoriff! I travel to Barcelona. I'm normally on Movistar, and usually in the morning, on the way to the office, I stop for a coffee and to read my feeds. And this is when its painful - some mornings, I can't even load some simple feeds. I have an iPhone 6 Plus and its set up to not update apps or anything over mobile network (only over wifi). So I tend to believe the restrictions apply from 0 MB instead of 100 MB, as O2 is saying.

Highlighted

Hi @Anonymous Maybe more congestion in Barcelona? Its the only thing I can think of as we are both using the same network. I am currently in Spain at present and you can see how quickly I have responded (Mind you, I am in my apartment and using WiFi...)Smiley Wink

*The Game Is On*