Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

Rash0007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, I recently upgraded from a SIM only to phone , the device I used for about three weeks had lots of bugs and wasn't fit for purpose I have seen on the various tech sites and the official company site that a update is due ... Anyway I did a online order which I collected in store local to me , I called up O2 today and explained that I wanted to return device as in its current state it's faulty the agent initiated the return and asked me to pop in my order invoice in to the package however I told her I never got one , I did receive emails however as I don't have access to a printer I would write all my details including the order number and put it in the return pack which the agent agreed was ok , I next got asked if I wanted a jiffy back sending or a link for a QR code I chose the QR code ,faster and more efficient for me , so I went to the local post office and sent the device off , I'm just unsure if so far I have done right thing by not including the order invoice , I wrote on paper the order number with my details ? And how much is the royal mail returns insured for I forgot to ask the agent and post office ? Thanks for any help 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Rash0007 

It sounds like you provided enough info for them to identify your account when the return is processed.

Regarding insurance cover, it depends on the service used.

If it's a signed for service I think it's £500 but you can check on Royal Mail website.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Rash0007 

It sounds like you provided enough info for them to identify your account when the return is processed.

Regarding insurance cover, it depends on the service used.

If it's a signed for service I think it's £500 but you can check on Royal Mail website.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Rash0007
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh no it's guarantee upto £100 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Best to hope for no problems then 😬

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Rash0007
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have successfully returned the device as of 17th January, I called up couple days later to see when I am going back to my sim only which was done straight away and when asked about my refunds the agent said that within 72 hours I should get the refund, it's been a week now so I used the online chat on 02 app to ask about this where now the agent is claiming that I am only entitled to £16 first month's device payment I have responded that I also made a £20 upfront payment as well as £21.49 usage payment so the total should be around £57.49 minus any charges , am I right in asking for this amount or am I missing something? Thanks 

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Rash0007 

You'll get a better response if you contact payment management.
Details here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
To pay bills, ask for payment extensions etc, you need to contact the Payment Management Team.
You can reach the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
The opening times are:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support
Best time to call is around 8.00am

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6