Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning phone

Biz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi i just upgraded to a device from sim only and not sure if the handset is for me and was thinking about exchanging the phone. If i was to return the device how does it work? Would a courier swap the device for me? Or would i have to wait for o2 to receive the device back for them to process the exchange. Thanks
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Biz 

You need to inform O2 you want to change your mind and return the device to them.

Once your return is processed, you will be free to upgrade again to a different device.

This is because your device plan (which is a separate credit agreement) must be closed down by O2 first.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Biz 

You need to inform O2 you want to change your mind and return the device to them.

Once your return is processed, you will be free to upgrade again to a different device.

This is because your device plan (which is a separate credit agreement) must be closed down by O2 first.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Biz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Welcome anytime slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4