cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning phone timescale after notifying intent to cancel within 14 day cooling off period.

MarkX
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Good morning people,

I took out a new pay monthly o2 contract but unfortunately i'm not happy with the signal in some of the places i frequent. The deciding factor in choosing to cancel came when i was on the train heading offshore to work where i lost signal completely which is no use.

Any way, i called O2 on day 12 to notify them i'd like to cancel. However, i'm stuck at sea for the next 12 days and cannot get to a store to return the phone. O2 have noted this and said it will be ok as i have let them know. 

I suppose i am just looking for a little confirmation that i will be able to do this without issue? The last thing i want is to be stuck without a signal, especially when my previous provider was spot on. Any help or experiences will be much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@MarkX 

Should be fine. 

You have 14 days to notify of I tent to cancel and a further 14 days to return the device. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@MarkX

Let me tag the o2 advisor but they are not on till Monday Morning, @O2Trevski

If you have access to Skype I would call 0800 032 1402 and speak to an advisor.

Also I always recommend getting some PAYG sims to test network connectivity before jumping ship slight_smile
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

MarkX
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had tried a pay as you go sim and locally it was all good, i hadn't given much consideration to out and about though. 

Message 4 of 5

O2Trevski
Former Staff
  • 15 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @madasaf1sh.

I’ll message you privately @MarkX and look in to this for you

Message 5 of 5