cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning online order to O2 store?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently upgrade online to a Samsung S6 Refurb.  It only arrived last Monday and sods law, exactly the same deal is being offered on NEW S6 handsets.

As I'm within my cooling off period, I'm intending to simply swap the handset over and am hoping to do so in store.  Via Live Chat tonight, I was assured that I could return the refurb unit to my local O2 store and they will be able to arrange the return of this to the correct O2 address and supply the new S6 handset, subject to them having stock of course.

With due respect to O2 live chat's service, I'm wondering if anyone else has any experience of returning O2 online orders to their local store.  I suspect my local town centre is going to be reasonably frenetic in the morning so if it's going to be a wasted journey I'd rather know now! 

Many thanks.  Pete

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According to this help link only goods bought instore can be returned instore.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/returns-and-exchanges

You need to contact customer services...not live chat

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I have always thought that you couldn't do that. Rather than rely on Live Chat, I think you'd be wise to call your local store beforehand.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122380 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

According to this help link only goods bought instore can be returned instore.

http://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-and-devices/returns-and-exchanges

You need to contact customer services...not live chat

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Phones can only be returned from where they came from.
If bought online you must call CS on 202 to arrange the return and cancel the upgrade.
It will take about a week before you can upgrade again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all - sound advice.  In all honesty I'm pretty happy with my refurb unit, except that of course I've just got the standard O2 1 year warranty rather than the 2 year warranty direct from Samsung.  Given the S6 only came out in April, is it possible I'll get a slightly longer warranty from Sam?  The only refurb models I've ever bought from O2 in the post are iPhones, and I've been able to check the remaining warranty online.

Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92928 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Live chat...mnn!

Yes you need to return it to where you got it from and take out a new contract. Live chat really need to get more training.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Warranty on refurbs is the balance of manufacturers warranty.
If you call Sammy they will tell you how long you have.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Ps
Don't be worried about refurbished phones. I've had many over the years and never had a problem.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you - am coming round to the idea of keeping the refurb model.  Cheers for all your responses.

Message 9 of 9