Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning a phone

Juju79
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I ordered my upgrade on 4th Feb, didn't receive it until the 7th. I was told I'd lost 3 days of the trying it out period so instead of 14 days I had 11 which seemed very unfair. I then fell ill so haven't really had time to even try the phone out much as just felt too weak.

I rang the returns team as I felt under pressure not being given 14 days to make my decision and being unwell (I'm moving from Samsung to apple) so I requested a returns bag just incase I had to return it in time, which I received Monday.

I'm still ill and can't get out to return it so hubby said he will at the weekend when he's home. I tried o2 chat to explain this situation and they were no help and said I had to return it right after requesting a return bag.

I'm confused. When do I need to return this by? Can anyone help. I'm ill so can't call them and I'm weak even typing this today. O2 were no help on chat at all so I thought I'd ask here, I hope that's OK.

Thank you

Ju
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JascaDucato
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Despite whatever you've been told by O2 Live Chat or Customer Services, UK distance Selling regulations (which now fall under the Consumer Rights Act 2015) state that you are legally entitled to (and have) a minimum of 14 days from the day after receipt of your device to notify the supplier of your intention to return it. You then have another 14 days from the day after you notified them to actually return the device.

So, since you received the device on the 7th February you would have until the 21st February to notify O2 of your intention to return it, and then another 14 days to actually do so.

You have, however, stated that you have requested a returns bag already. Depending on what day you notified them, you have another 14 days to actually return the device. Assuming you rang them on Friday 8th February, you would have until Friday 22nd to actually return the device to them. (I wouldn't recommend leaving it until that late, as they might receive the device after the cut-off date.)

Hopefully that helps.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Juju79 We are all customers here. Sorry that you're ill, but you really need to gather some strength and speak to customer service. They're really the only ones who can assist you. Don't rely on Live Chat. Summon the energy and call.  https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 8

JascaDucato
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Despite whatever you've been told by O2 Live Chat or Customer Services, UK distance Selling regulations (which now fall under the Consumer Rights Act 2015) state that you are legally entitled to (and have) a minimum of 14 days from the day after receipt of your device to notify the supplier of your intention to return it. You then have another 14 days from the day after you notified them to actually return the device.

So, since you received the device on the 7th February you would have until the 21st February to notify O2 of your intention to return it, and then another 14 days to actually do so.

You have, however, stated that you have requested a returns bag already. Depending on what day you notified them, you have another 14 days to actually return the device. Assuming you rang them on Friday 8th February, you would have until Friday 22nd to actually return the device to them. (I wouldn't recommend leaving it until that late, as they might receive the device after the cut-off date.)

Hopefully that helps.

Message 3 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

That's good to know @JascaDucato. Thanks for posting. Hopefully @Juju79 will see that and it will ease their concerns.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 8

Juju79
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Brilliant. Thank you. I did ring and they said exactly what you did. Thank you.
Message 5 of 8

Juju79
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I forgot to ask. Will I be charged for these couple of weeks?

I ordered 4th Feb, received 7th. Cancelled the Friday 8th and only received the returns label Wednesday this week. I thought it was Monday but no it arrived Wednesday after noon.

I hope to return it this Weekend but if they did say I could send it early next week if need be. In just concerned what I will be charged for during this period of time till they receive it back.

Thank you

Ju
Message 6 of 8

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's great to hear, thanks for coming back to let us know @Juju79, and hope you feel better soon. slight_smile

Also a big thanks to @JascaDucato for all the useful info, and @Bambino for helping out as well!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

Juju79
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you so much Emilie
Message 8 of 8