Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

Returning Iphone4

Hi guys im a bit confused about returning my Iphone4
Now i had to pay £380 plus £29.99 for the phone to buy out my contract to upgrade to the iphone4 so will i get this money back if i decide to return ?

Will i be able to go back on my previous contract again or will i have to take another one out ?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Returning Iphone4

Hi guys im a bit confused about returning my Iphone4
Now i had to pay £380 plus £29.99 for the phone to buy out my contract to upgrade to the iphone4 so will i get this money back if i decide to return ?
Will i be able to go back on my previous contract again or will i have to take another one out ?

I am still in shock that you paid £380 just to get another phone. Truly mad!

http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/iphone4press.html

Check out this page. You won't get your money back from your old contract as you owed O2 that anyway.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Returning Iphone4

Reason i paid so much is i was only about 2 months into my contract and was told by o2 the 3gs would be the last Iphone,so you can see i was miffed when they brought a new one out just after i upgraded Smiley Sad
So i sold my 3gs and upgraded so most of the £380 was paid for from my 3gs so it was still cheaper than buying one out right.

My argument is if i never wanted to upgrade to the iphone 4 then i wouldn't of paid the out standing amount on my contract so if i return the iphone4 ill be back at square one with no iphone and having to take out another 2yr contract and then apple will bring out another updated version 6mnths down the line lol
Highlighted
Anonymous

Returning Iphone4

As AF said, truly mad (and I will add truly illogical).
Highlighted
Anonymous

Returning Iphone4

How am i mad when i sold my 3gs for £350 so in total i paid near £60 to get the new iphone4,it was either that or wait 2yrs to get it.
And the question wasn't about my logical or illogical decisions i was mearly asking because i took up the early upgrade offer surly o2 should refund the total amount paid and reinstate you old contract
Highlighted
Anonymous

Returning Iphone4

We aren't describing you as mad. Just that to upgrade straight away is a mad thing to do.
You know there is a new model of iPhone out every year, so what are you going to do next year.
Apple's offer isn't about putting you back where you were (because you chose to upgrade early). O2 have extended that offer so you don't have to pay off your contract.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Returning Iphone4

How am i mad when i sold my 3gs for £350 so in total i paid near £60 to get the new iphone4,it was either that or wait 2yrs to get it.
And the question wasn't about my logical or illogical decisions i was mearly asking because i took up the early upgrade offer surly o2 should refund the total amount paid and reinstate you old contract

I was fully aware what the question was! However, by posting the ridicluous numbers involved in your efforts to obtain a handset that you now appear to be unhappy with, it left me with all my chins on the floor. I cannot understand anybody paying to upgrade from the 3gs to the 4, let alone paying £350.

I get the feeling that this antenna nonsense and Apple's initial, apparent autonomous response, has played the networks into the hands of the gadget freaks and those who get bored after a fortnight.

The rest of us pay for it in the long run!

Your question is answered in the link, fill your boots!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Returning Iphone4

I'm sure theres a clause in the o2 early upgrade offer that states there can be no return of the iPhone 4, presumably because many would try to use the iPhone 4 as a smoke screen for early termination at a discounted rate............... where does that clause stand now, following apples return statement?