Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned tablet but money continued to be taken

Jmf1488
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've just learned that I have been paying a contract for a tablet that I returned 7 months ago because it was faulty.

I took the contract out online and returned it and went in stored and took a new contract for a different tablet.

When I phoned today the girl on the phone says that she had cancelled it and I have to wait until my next bill to see what o2 owes me. She said they won't refund me all the money because they only refund so much.

Is this correct? Seems a bit weird to me. They have taken money for a contract that was void on July 2017. Surely the entire amount should be returned?
Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jmf1488Sounds a bit of a mess really. If the contract was cancelled correctly OR you returned  within the 30days allowed for a faulty device, you are entitled to a total refund.

I would make a complaint.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver in the link as it gets best results RESOLVER

NB Edited for spelling!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Jmf1488Sounds a bit of a mess really. If the contract was cancelled correctly OR you returned  within the 30days allowed for a faulty device, you are entitled to a total refund.

I would make a complaint.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver in the link as it gets best results RESOLVER

NB Edited for spelling!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Jmf1488
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks made a complaint through resolver.
Message 3 of 10

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If you have been paying for 7 months and the tablet was returned correctly with 14 days of change of mind then the existing contract should have been cancelled and you are entitled legally for a full refund less any actual usage during that initial 14 days. If faulty you had 30 days to return for exchange or refund. It is O2 customer service at fault and they need to put this right by refunding in full.

Such a shame that it took all this time for you to notice you were still being charged for two tablet contracts.

Message 4 of 10

Jmf1488
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I only happened to stumble across this by chance. Moving house and needed to cancel my standing order with previous landlord and I seen the multiple standing orders with o2 still being paid.

It was only a small amount each month, 38 pounds. I suspect that's how it's went unnoticed for so long. I'll be keeping a closer eye on the online banking going forward.

Tablet was returned as soon as I received it and heard the faulty speakers. I phoned after it was returned and planned to change it to an iPad and the girl on the phone was able to confirm it had been returned. I advised I would being going in store to get the next tablet as I didn't want to run the risk of getting another faulty one in the post.

I assumed o2 had done everything they needed and thought nothing more of it.
Message 5 of 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Jmf1488 Do you have any paperwork, i.e. a receipt to confirm that you returned the tablet when you say you did?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 10

Jmf1488
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I don't have a receipt from o2. I have the royal mail tracking code. I don't think o2 are disputing that the tablet was returned as a previous phone call and the agent was able to confirm that it was returned.
Message 7 of 10

Jmf1488
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So o2 got back to me today. Full refund has been issued. Thanks to everyone who offered advice.
Message 8 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Excellent news @Jmf1488 So pleased it worked out for you wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 10

jonsie