Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned phone

Allie007
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I returned an upgraded phone last week a couple of days after receiving it via the link from the O2 email via Royal Mail. Tracking has recorded that the phone has been delivered to O2 but it still says the return is being processed. I phoned to ask how much longer it would take to process as I was initially told it takes 24 to 48 hours  and they told me they have no record of receiving the phone, yet tracking tells me otherwise. Is this the norm because I'm obviously worried now I'm going to be charged for this when I've sent it back and didn't even open the box.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38155 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

O2's internal processes are notoriously slow. If RM confirms delivery, you can only wait until the right bit of O2 processes your return. Nothing happens over the weekend, and last Friday's worldwide IT Systems meltdown will not have helped. Give it until Weds at the earliest, @Allie007.

Message 2 of 17

Allie007
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you so much. You've been more helpful than the half a dozen customer service agents I've spoken to 

Message 3 of 17

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38155 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1728 Solutions

You are welcome. If you get an answer, or not, please update here when you get a moment, @Allie007 - there are other avenues that can be shared to you. Good luck!

Message 4 of 17

Allie007
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I will and thank you again

Message 5 of 17

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23893 Posts
  • 1042 Topics
  • 3768 Solutions

@Allie007 To add to the good advice from @pgn, if you haven't done so, make sure you have a hard copy of the tracking information confirming the delivery to O2. I presume you are awaiting a refund, so having hard proof is essential to avoid any doubt.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 17

Allie007
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've got the receipt from the Post Office with the tracking number on it and I've taken screenshots of the tracking history which also has the tracking number on it and the time it was delivered.

Message 7 of 17

CorGre
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im in the same boat... returned phone. Delivered last week by RM. Spoke to O2, was told 24-48 hours Tuesday afternoon, phoned Thursday, told another 24 hours. Phoned Friday, told that after she spoke to the warehouse, charges had been removed and just need the order marked as completed and it would be done by Monday morning - Checked today still not, on chat to be told another 5-10 WORKING days... I have an offer on My O2 for £150 off upfront cost of Fold 6 but O2 dont want to know that it expires today. At my wits end getting the runaround on this.

Anyone able to give me pointers other than speaking to O2 on chat or a better number/department to speak to.

Message 8 of 17

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11252 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@CorGre 

We are all cusomters so there is nothing else we can do.. 

Just ignore chat, as a lot of the time they dont know what day it is..   Best thing to do is try the sales team on 0800 081 0255 and see if they can do anything with the offer..  

I would just keep an eye on o2, or try and do the order for the Z Fold 6,.

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 9 of 17

CorGre
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 37 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The weird thing is... it says I can upgrade, but then when I try it says they are working to change things on my account due to a return so wont let me. Currently on the phone and **hopefully** they will sort for me.

Message 10 of 17