Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned handset

Georgyb99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have recently upgraded my handset and took another contract out which want to cancel. I returned the handset last Fri which was day 7 of taking it out, have checked royal mail website which shows delivered. Contacted o2 this morning who say not received. Worried it won't be processed inside the 14 days and will get charged or not be able to cancel the contract.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Georgyb99 it always takes O2 at least 2 weeks to process any returns. Don't worry about the 14 days as you have returned it within plenty of time and it will be logged on the system with customer services.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Georgyb99
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi thank you imagine be some delay this time of year will check with them end of next week
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Georgyb99 If you can get a printout of the Royal Mail web page that shows the phone as delivered, that will help should there be any hiccups in your cancellation process. Always best to have hard copy proof.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Georgyb99
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you have kept the receipt and tracking no in case need to prove delivered
Message 5 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's just a waiting game for O2 to catch up.
Always the same with returns.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

orestes
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As long as you have proof of return with the post office that falls within 14 day returns period in any small claims court action you have strong case reguardless of 02 advice

Message 7 of 7