Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to O2

surridge8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I had a contract with O2 but obtained a PAC and switched provider (to BT mobile). I am still within my cooling-off period with BT and the signal is not as I expected so I want to transfer back to O2 on a SIM only deal.  How would I go about this? I have still not yet received my final bill from O2, so would I still need to pay the early termination fee even though I am returning to O2 for a new contract? I am unable to get a PAC code from BT yet to bring my number back (not sure why), but what is the best way to proceed if I want to re-join O2 with a new SIM only contract and keep my original number? I have ordered a new O2 sim (order number ms-315403807) but I had to use a different email address since it wouldn't accept my mobile number if I signed in as normal, so I had to make a new account. But if there is a way to come back to O2 with my original number (once BT give me a PAC) then I would like it all to be under my original account details. Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions

@surridge8 

You need to wait 30 days before you can get a PAC from BT.
Once you have your PAC, you just need to give it to O2 and they will transfer your number back to your new contract.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Edit to add that you will still need to pay your final bill with O2 as you will be starting a new contract with them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions

@surridge8 

You need to wait 30 days before you can get a PAC from BT.
Once you have your PAC, you just need to give it to O2 and they will transfer your number back to your new contract.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

Edit to add that you will still need to pay your final bill with O2 as you will be starting a new contract with them.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

surridge8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your quick response.

I am hoping that I can get a PAC code from BT before my cooling-off period ends. I thought it was 14 days but I am sure I saw somewhere that they do a 30 day money back guarantee (which means I can get PAC at 30 days). Might need to call them to make sure since I dont want a contract that I cant use.

Thanks again 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144293 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27659 Solutions
You're welcome

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4