Return Pay Monthly device, cancel contract

LB87
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I was wondering if someone can help.

I have an order arriving from o2, and need to cancel the new contract withing the 14 day returns policy and send the device back when it is delivered.

Can someone advise do I need to contact customer services - Number to call please.

Will the paperwork that arrives advise return address, or does anyone know the returns address = belive it is Norwich.

With the return, as most are on lockdown and not at work, if sent back via royal mail, if I sent it back next day, when would o2 cancel my contract agreement as I would not want to miss the 14 day cooling off period.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Personally I wouldn't send anything right now.
Call o2 to register your intent and take advice from them.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

LB87
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Ok thanks, so does that mean that the 14 days might be missed, or as it would show on the tracking that the phone was delivered into the royal mail network within this time that the 14 days would still be valid?

Sorry I am unable to locate the returns address?

Thanks.
Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Personally I wouldn't send anything right now.
Call o2 to register your intent and take advice from them.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@LB87 You'll have a better chance of getting through if you call when they open at 8 am. Less time to wait on hold probably too.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 8

Saijai
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It says on O2 website that returns and delivery are still working. So not sure where the information came from that the centres are closed.
Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122369 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Saijai 

In fairness and during this crisis, the website is unchanged. I suspect they are finding it very difficult to deal with anything other than the day to day issues, with depleted staffing levels.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8