cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving an old number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone can help answer this question. A couple of months ago, I deleted a mobile number as I was getting obcessive calls and texts, but was wondering whether if I can get the old number back (pay as you go)? Thanks, Abi

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Its a very popular choice and I'm sure you'll be very happy with it slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again, very impressed with how you answered my question, and in the bargain, I know I can block numbers without needing to change my own slight_smile

Best,

Abi

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes, I changed my pay as you go number, as I couldn't block the number that was harrassing me on my current iPhone. I know now that by upgrading, I can have that option and it's possible to still retrieve my old number.

Thanks for taking the time to comment.

Best,

Abi

Message 13 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Your welcome Abi, and feel free to come back if you have any more questions wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Let us know how you get on.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry if you found my initial question unclear, although bandofbrothers understood what I was asking.

Yes, I will update this post if I successfully manage to get my old number back.

Kind Regards,

Abi

Message 16 of 19

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Good luck with it, I hope you get your number back.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Managed to get my old number back slight_smile I tried initially via O2 chat, and they said no, but I knew bandofbrothers knew his stuff and so I called the O2 number instead, and the guy said no problem, didn't cost me anything, and kept my old balance slight_smile

Message 18 of 19

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You were lucky, if the number had been recycled it would have gone for good.

Message 19 of 19