cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieving an old number

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone can help answer this question. A couple of months ago, I deleted a mobile number as I was getting obcessive calls and texts, but was wondering whether if I can get the old number back (pay as you go)? Thanks, Abi

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can ask for a report on your usage but it will cost you £10.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Did you delete it everywhere , back ups included ? ie : icloud/itunes/gmail etc.

Are you sure you want to open that can of worms !

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can ask for a report on your usage but it will cost you £10.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref%28User%29:str%28Mob...

Did you delete it everywhere , back ups included ? ie : icloud/itunes/gmail etc.

Are you sure you want to open that can of worms !

Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for taking the time to answer, I appreciate it.

£10 is absolutely fine. Well my iPhone still shows this old deleted number as my number at the top when I go into contacts.

slight_smile Well, I had the number for some many years, I feel it is a shame to let one person stop me from using it, and it has been a couple of months, so they would think it no-longer works hopefully!

Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome.

What model of iPhone are you using ?

If on model iPhone 4 upwards then iOS 7 will allow you to place a block on calls and texts from an unwanted caller.

If your wanting to use your own old number then as long as you've used it by making a call or top up within 6 months then it will still be live.

So you still have the SIM card.

If not speak to payg customer services in 4445.

You do not have to use the link i included and pay £10.
Message 4 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're very knowledgeable!

I have an iPhone 3GS, so I think it's time to upgrade, that will help when I decide to do internet dating again, just in case I need to block certain numbers!. I was under the impression that you couldn't block specific numbers on the iPhone, but only using an app on a HTC phone. I've learn't something new!

Thanks again, will call customer services.

Abi

Message 5 of 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144147 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Apple introduced call blocking with iOS7. It previously wasn't available on iPhones.
There are apps available for android phones and all the latest Samsung phones have the call block built into the software by default.
This info may help you decide on your next choice of phone wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Abida,

You're very welcome.

Yes it was about time Apple did introduce this caller blocking facility into their firmware which iOS7 offers on their iPhones from the iPhone 4 model up.

Hope all goes well for you and take care.

Message 7 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

For clarity

Did you mean you changed your payg number as that was getting the calls and want the original number back and not the number of someone calling you?

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

The question was a little confused and a simple question would have made it clear.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 9 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for taking the time to provide me with options of what to buy slight_smile I think I'll upgrade to the latest iPhone.

Best,

Abi

Message 10 of 19