Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Restrictions

Hey, i have a monthly contract in which i get unlimited texts and 100minutes. I knew that i had gone over on my minutes but then my phone stopped sending messages and letting me make phone calls. I'd had this problem before so I knew that it meant that i had used up to my restriction of £10 over. That was over a week ago and i thought my packag got renewed on the 25th of the month so just waited. As it is now nearly the 28th and i am still unable to do anything i am looking for help. When do monthly packages get allocated ? And will my phone be umblocked when it gets updated or do i need to phone up and unblock it ? All help greatly appreciated :robotwink:
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Re: Restrictions

You have it wrong, the allowance you pay is used up and then everything is chargeable after that. Once you reach the next month (say the 25th of each month) then the allowance resets. There is no restriction unless one of these things:
1) you haven't paid the bill
2) the phone is blocked because of (1)
3) the phone is damaged
4) there is no signal in your area
#3 can easily be proved by trying in another unlocked/o2 phone. #4 will normally be realised by going elsewhere or other o2 customers are reporting the same thing. Also try cleaning and reseating the sim card.
The first 2 points can only be resolved by ringing CS.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have a restriction put on so i can go no more than £10 over once my allowance has been used.

Will try putting my sim in another phone and see what happens
Anonymous

I have a restriction put on so i can go no more than £10 over once my allowance has been used.

Will try putting my sim in another phone and see what happens

O2 don't put restrictions on accounts like this.
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Can the OP confirm if the restriction is on the account or been applied on the phone itself via the settings menu? I suspect the latter and thats an easy fix.
Anonymous

Parents put it when i used to have a different package as i always went over
Anonymous

I wonder if this is one of the old CPW O2 accounts, but I thought the limit option had been removed (some time ago ) because it didn't work properly.
Anonymous

I have been with o2 for some time and just keep upgrading with them