Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resetting voicemail pin

annoyed123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, just upgraded to the iphone XS, it has reset my voicemail PIN of which was personalised.  I have rung customer services twice and spoken to people that fail to understand the language I am speaking, I have also tried using an online Guru.  I need to have voicemail for my business calls but no one seems to be able to reset it for me.  I have tried doing the reset and texting it to 802901, I must have reset the pin some 10 or so years ago and thus cannot remember it.  I know the default is 8705 but this doesnt help me now. Ive tried dalling 901 etc.  It just says my voicemail is temporarily locked and I need to contact customer services to unlock or reset but when I do they cannot help me.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @annoyed123

Have a look at this thread. It has a section on resetting VM Pin

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/All-you-need-to-know-about-O2-Voicemail-901/ba-p/547712

Hope it helps

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

annoyed123
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi no unfortunately not.  The part re. contact customer service if you need to reset is basically where I am stuck as I have tried calling 4 different times to speak to different operators and each tell me to dial 901 press * etc. which is great I can do that but my personalised pin needs to be reset!! - they dont seem to be able to do this - no one seems to be able to do it and Im now stuck.....

Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Apologies then @annoyed123 but that's as much I know.

I'm sure there will be others who can help further if you pop back to the thread later?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Maybe @Marjo can assist in finding someone in CS who knows what they are doing?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

annoyed123
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks all its incredibly frustrating have been with 02, BT cellnet etc. for around 16 years never had an issue to date so guess im due one!

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @annoyed123, good to see you posting on the community. slight_smile Sorry to hear you've been having problems though and haven't got it resolved yet, sounds frustrating. I'll drop you a private message here on the forum to get a few additional details so we can get this looked into. Hang in there!

Cheers for trying to troubleshoot this @Cleoriff and thanks for the tag @MI5. slight_smile

Message 7 of 7